This, the second customisation of Sclavi's wheelchair, adds a textile patchwork seat to the previous tape customisation done in 2008.
Here's some text by Miyuki Yajima/Sergio Calatroni Artroom:
Sclavi's Rolling Chair by Sergio Calatroni Artroom
For the person who live toghether everyday with the rolling chair, this tool has the same meaning than clothes or underwear.
The rolling chair which he have an intimate relationship is not anymore an simple object.
The motivation of the customization has born from the idea to pour more love into the rolling chair who can influence user's mood.
This Fabrizio Sclavi's , famous Italian Art Director, rolling chair have been customized already twice including this last customization.
First change was done in summer 2008 and was all based on the tape, we can consider as Tape Art. In this change rolling chair has got his clothes.
- BS Toy plates by Boguslaw Sliwiński
- Tio by Massproductions
- Binaudios by Dominic Wilcox encourage us…ers to "listen to the city"
- ANDREA by Mathieu Lehanneur and David Ed…wards
- Doride lamp by Karim Rashid
- Cast Desk Tidy by Benjamin Hubert
- Kaj by Karim Rashid at Dezeen Watch Stor…e
- Solar-powered cars could become standard… "within 30 years"
- Claesson Koivisto Rune uses two types of… wood to make stripy furniture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories