This, the second customisation of Sclavi's wheelchair, adds a textile patchwork seat to the previous tape customisation done in 2008.
Here's some text by Miyuki Yajima/Sergio Calatroni Artroom:
Sclavi's Rolling Chair by Sergio Calatroni Artroom
For the person who live toghether everyday with the rolling chair, this tool has the same meaning than clothes or underwear.
The rolling chair which he have an intimate relationship is not anymore an simple object.
The motivation of the customization has born from the idea to pour more love into the rolling chair who can influence user's mood.
This Fabrizio Sclavi's , famous Italian Art Director, rolling chair have been customized already twice including this last customization.
First change was done in summer 2008 and was all based on the tape, we can consider as Tape Art. In this change rolling chair has got his clothes.
- Passing Cloud by Tiago Barros
- Hand-blown light bulbs by Dylan Kehde Ro…elofs
- Magnets connect Ilya Tkach's two-part de…sk lamp
- Palma cookware by Jasper Morrison for Oi…gen
- Dezeen Watch Store launches two timepiec…es for women by Daniel Wellington
- Ann Ray shares intimate behind-the-scene…s photographs of Alexander McQueen
- Boombench by NL Architects
- Matali Crasset's Self-made Seat is a sof…a made from modules that can be carried like suitcases
- Max Lamb at Johnson Trading Gallery
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories