This, the second customisation of Sclavi's wheelchair, adds a textile patchwork seat to the previous tape customisation done in 2008.
Here's some text by Miyuki Yajima/Sergio Calatroni Artroom:
Sclavi's Rolling Chair by Sergio Calatroni Artroom
For the person who live toghether everyday with the rolling chair, this tool has the same meaning than clothes or underwear.
The rolling chair which he have an intimate relationship is not anymore an simple object.
The motivation of the customization has born from the idea to pour more love into the rolling chair who can influence user's mood.
This Fabrizio Sclavi's , famous Italian Art Director, rolling chair have been customized already twice including this last customization.
First change was done in summer 2008 and was all based on the tape, we can consider as Tape Art. In this change rolling chair has got his clothes.
- Long Distance Watch allows far-flung lov…ers to stay in touch
- La Cantine de la Ménagerie de Verre by …Matali Crasset
- Vita interactive by Massimo Mariani
- BRCK portable internet router by Ushahid…i "designed to work anywhere"
- Nissan Cube by Nissan
- New 202 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezee…n Watch Store
- Luca Nichetto's Notes screens hang from …the ceiling
- Sensual Wave installation illuminates an… empty dock at La Grande-Motte harbour
- Cutting Edge sofa by Martijn Rigters cut… from block of foam using hot wires
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories