This, the second customisation of Sclavi's wheelchair, adds a textile patchwork seat to the previous tape customisation done in 2008.
Here's some text by Miyuki Yajima/Sergio Calatroni Artroom:
Sclavi's Rolling Chair by Sergio Calatroni Artroom
For the person who live toghether everyday with the rolling chair, this tool has the same meaning than clothes or underwear.
The rolling chair which he have an intimate relationship is not anymore an simple object.
The motivation of the customization has born from the idea to pour more love into the rolling chair who can influence user's mood.
This Fabrizio Sclavi's , famous Italian Art Director, rolling chair have been customized already twice including this last customization.
First change was done in summer 2008 and was all based on the tape, we can consider as Tape Art. In this change rolling chair has got his clothes.
- Dick Van Hoff for Makkum
- Playtype foundry and concept store by …e-Types
- Movie: Thomas Heatherwick on designing… a boat for the Loire
- Morrison, Meda, Irvine and IDEO for Ol…ivetti
- Di Mainstone's Human Harp creates musi…c from suspension bridges
- Santos chair by Joel Escalona
- Hella Jongerius updates her "young cla…ssic" Polder sofa
- Nendo's modular office tables create "…casual spaces for standing conversation"
- Designers of the future at Design Miam…i/Basel
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories