This, the second customisation of Sclavi's wheelchair, adds a textile patchwork seat to the previous tape customisation done in 2008.
Here's some text by Miyuki Yajima/Sergio Calatroni Artroom:
Sclavi's Rolling Chair by Sergio Calatroni Artroom
For the person who live toghether everyday with the rolling chair, this tool has the same meaning than clothes or underwear.
The rolling chair which he have an intimate relationship is not anymore an simple object.
The motivation of the customization has born from the idea to pour more love into the rolling chair who can influence user's mood.
This Fabrizio Sclavi's , famous Italian Art Director, rolling chair have been customized already twice including this last customization.
First change was done in summer 2008 and was all based on the tape, we can consider as Tape Art. In this change rolling chair has got his clothes.
- Révélateur installation by Mickaël …Wiesengrün recreates "smells of the past"
- Floor tiles made of coloured snail poo b…y Lieske Schreuder
- Ex Libris by Chanan de Lange
- Jaguar E-Type Sculpture by Gerry Judah
- "We have created a new type of water" - …Philippe Starck
- Kristine Five Melvær experiments with g…lass blowing to create Graphic Vases
- Cityscape by Arne Quinze 2
- Snow Vases by Maxim Velčovský
- Shanty towns inspire panelled storage ca…binet by Doshi Levien
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories