All our stories about London Design Festival 2009 can be found in our special category.
Here's some information from Laikingland:
Laikingland: On the move to London
Fingers by Nik Ramage are an eternally tapping mechanical copy of the artist’s own hand. At the flick of a switch the resin cast fingers drum rhythmically, until switched off.
The UK and Netherlands based creative collaboration, who have been clapping up a storm since the launch of their first product the Applause Machine 12 months ago, are launching 2 new beautifully crafted kinetic objects at 100% Design, Stand G92, Earls Court, London, 24th -27th September.
The product range, manufactured in the UK and available in limited editions, now comprises of; Applause Machines by Martin Smith, Magnet Mobiles by Ivan Black and Fingers by Nik Ramage.
With their playful approach to design and business Laikingland have won many fans and customers. Kanye West, the hip-hop star and cultural entrepreneur, when describing Laikingland’s Applause Machine on his blog, is rendered adorably speechless: "I THOUGHT OF SO MANY COMMENTS FOR THIS POST THAT IT HURT MY BRAIN AND I GAVE UP”.
Laikingland’s kinetic objects are available direct from Laikingland and through several UK and Dutch retailers including The Culture Label, London and the Frozen Fountain, Amsterdam.
- Max Frommeld and Arno Mathies create a f…olding sled
- Ora (il)Legale by Denis Guidone
- Assemblage 2 by Toogood at Natura Morta
- Delft Blue vases by Marcel Wanders
- Inga Sempé launches mix-and-match tile …collection for Mutina
- Kitchen Insects by Sayaka Yamamoto
- Technology and Design: the digital indus…trial revolution
- E.L.A by Bozhinovskidesign
- Zaha Hadid homeware collection launches …at Harrods
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories