Designed for Swedish brand Blå Station, the Pebble range are based on a stone found in the designers' studio.
The range includes an armchair, two- and three-seater sofas, and a footstool.
Pebble will be shown at VORBOTEN: 7 Studios from Berlin, at The Dock from tomorrow.
See Osko+Deichmann's Straw chair in our earlier story.
See all our stories about London Design Festival 2009 in our special category.
Here's some text from the designers:
Pebble is a sofa and easy chair- range that could provide both calm and an opportunity to recharge – right in the midst of a hectic life.
As the name indicates the range is inspired by rocks and stones, because of their size, strength and unchangeable qualities, they symbolize harmony.
Pebble comes as an easy chair, a 2-seater sofa and a 3-Seater sofa, which can as well be used as a daybed extra bed when you have night guests. The easy chair can be accompanied by a footstool.
In their studio the designers noticed a small, beautifully rounded pebble.
It was dark grey, very smooth and had a neat white line running across it.
The line as a graphic element, together with the pebble’s pleasant form and texture, became the base for the design in PEBBLE.
They also added a functional ornament, the wire frame enclosing the sofa and holding the loose cushions in place, to create an interesting line pattern often found on stones.
- Cullen Projects builds glowing perfora…ted boxes for London menswear shows
- Here! Sod T-Shirt Packaging by Prompt …Design
- Sometimes by Denis Guidone at Dezeen W…atch Store
- Alain Gilles' extendable Tracks Table …reveals its inner workings
- Slip-cast link light by Sarah Moucher
- Uji wall clock moves its hands in time… with your heartbeat
- Sugru pop-up and giveaway at 13:00 thi…s Sunday at Dezeen Space
- In Situ by Julien Carretero
- Neck Frame by Andrew McConnell could b…e worn like "a structural second skin"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories