Guests pay for their rooms in advance and receive booking confirmation via email or text message, containing a five digit key-code that give access to their room.
The hotel is a conversion of an existing building, which has been stripped back to a bare shell of raw concrete walls.
The interior is decorated with a mixture of vintage and contemporary furniture.
Original doors from the building have been reused as headboards for the beds.
The hotel has been shortlisted for the European Hotel Design Awards 2009, the winner of which will be announced on 2 November.
Here are more details from Koncept:
A new hotel concept designed by Koncept Stockholm
Story Hotel opened on the 9th of March, and has already attracted a lot of attention. It is without doubt going to be a sought after meeting place, says the hotel manager Sören Hullberg.
Koncept was commissioned to develop a completely new hotel concept right in the heart of Stockholm at Riddargatan 6-8.
The aim has been to create a hotel that is both inspiring and surprising in an authentic and relaxed way. The location, nearby Stureplan, was perfect, and the building had in itself many qualities that has now been used in unexpected ways.
One of the main ideas has been that both the hotel and restaurant should have a timeless feel. New York pubs and bohemian hotels in Paris have been sources of inspiration. Much of the expression has also been picked up in the buildings existing details. Beautifully worn walls have been saved and for example the old entry doors have been reused as bed frames.
The especially made interiors together with a well chosen mixture of vintage and new design gives a perfected result which we really like, says Anne Marie Ekroth at Koncept.
Our assigners interest in finding smart and effective solutions has resulted in a very cost efficient hotel. They dared to leave the conventions, to trust us and therefore to win new grounds.
To commit to early development, work has paid itself off in ten folds. The construction costs were 40% lower than comparable projects, says Daniel Wengelin at Koncept. In all this means that the rooms will sell at a significantly lower price than what the competitors are able to offer.
- FREAKS freearchitects redesigns Parisian… tattoo parlour to avoid "cheesy" aesthetic
- Studio Tilt creates flexible interior fo…r Proud Archivist cafe and events space
- Suspended Figure by Ayako Maruta at Dies…el Denim Gallery Aoyama
- PHANTOM. Mies as Rendered Society by And…rés Jaque
- Designers of the future at Design Miami/…Basel
- De Burgemeester office with an angular w…ooden staircase by Studioninedots
- Sliding wooden partitions divide Nook Ar…chitects' latest Barcelona apartment
- Fat Cow Restaurant by Brewin Concepts
- Michele De Lucchi: Architekturchen at In…go Maurer
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories