Italian designers Studio06 have created a pendant lamp inspired by light penetrating underground caves.
Called Furà, the lamp has a smooth outer surface and a wavy, ridged interior.
It is produced by Italian manufacturers Biffi luce and comes in black or white.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the designers:
Furà (the suspension lamp) makes an amazing ambient, it symbolizes light that filters through the rocks. A new perfectly smooth and polished finish gives elegance to this lamp.
Designer: Studio06 (Roberto Guadrini, Massimo Guglielmotto, Paolo Mattiolo)
Title of design: FURA'
Award: 1st prize at Biffi luce design competition
Manufacturer: Biffi luce S.r.l, Italy
- Kelp lampshades by Julia Lohmann
- In No Time by Sandra Backlund
- Thomas Heatherwick beach cafe takes shap…e
- Dyson Hard two-in-one vacuum cleaner by …Dyson
- Bocci 28 Series chandelier at Spazio Ros…anna Orlandi
- Crystal wireless LED installation by Stu…dio Roosegaarde
- Designjunction is a place where "people …can get really excited about design"
- The Pixel Hirschgasse by Thomas Feichtne…r
- Skew by Ross McBride at Dezeen Watch Sto…re
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories