Italian designers Studio06 have created a pendant lamp inspired by light penetrating underground caves.
Called Furà, the lamp has a smooth outer surface and a wavy, ridged interior.
It is produced by Italian manufacturers Biffi luce and comes in black or white.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the designers:
Furà (the suspension lamp) makes an amazing ambient, it symbolizes light that filters through the rocks. A new perfectly smooth and polished finish gives elegance to this lamp.
Designer: Studio06 (Roberto Guadrini, Massimo Guglielmotto, Paolo Mattiolo)
Title of design: FURA'
Award: 1st prize at Biffi luce design competition
Manufacturer: Biffi luce S.r.l, Italy
- Eindhoven design studio Formafantasma is… "experimenting with lava"
- Nespresso Battery by Mischer’Traxler
- Tea with Georg by Scholten & Baijings fo…r Georg Jensen
- Mesa by Zaha Hadid
- Press Lamp by Nendo for Lasvit
- Smarter Skies by Airbus
- Jólan van der Wiel at Dezeen Platform
- Coming Out by ZMIK
- The Guest by Jaime Hayón for Lladró
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories