Italian designers Studio06 have created a pendant lamp inspired by light penetrating underground caves.
Called Furà, the lamp has a smooth outer surface and a wavy, ridged interior.
It is produced by Italian manufacturers Biffi luce and comes in black or white.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the designers:
Furà (the suspension lamp) makes an amazing ambient, it symbolizes light that filters through the rocks. A new perfectly smooth and polished finish gives elegance to this lamp.
Designer: Studio06 (Roberto Guadrini, Massimo Guglielmotto, Paolo Mattiolo)
Title of design: FURA'
Award: 1st prize at Biffi luce design competition
Manufacturer: Biffi luce S.r.l, Italy
- Bandit by Sebastian Bergne
- Paralympic design: adaptive sailing equi…pment
- L’arbre de Flonville by Oloom & Samuel… Wilkinson
- City Dog Adventure by Maartje Dros
- Top Secrets of Finland by Company
- Fredrik Wallner's bathroom furniture for… Swoon can be customised online
- Doshi Levien's furniture for Moroso "cha…llenges people's perceptions"
- The Vamp by Paul Cocksedge
- Designed in Hackney: Balzac armchair by …Matthew Hilton for SCP
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories