Italian designers Studio06 have created a pendant lamp inspired by light penetrating underground caves.
Called Furà, the lamp has a smooth outer surface and a wavy, ridged interior.
It is produced by Italian manufacturers Biffi luce and comes in black or white.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the designers:
Furà (the suspension lamp) makes an amazing ambient, it symbolizes light that filters through the rocks. A new perfectly smooth and polished finish gives elegance to this lamp.
Designer: Studio06 (Roberto Guadrini, Massimo Guglielmotto, Paolo Mattiolo)
Title of design: FURA'
Award: 1st prize at Biffi luce design competition
Manufacturer: Biffi luce S.r.l, Italy
- Peye and Olive by Numéro 111 for Ligne …Roset
- Lapel by Stuart Mcfarlane
- ThinPlug by Zihni Yalcin
- REK coffee table by Reinier de Jong
- Nendo reconfigures office furniture elem…ents into hybrid designs for Kokuyo
- XTable by KiBiSi
- New Nordic shelves by JDS Architects
- From the Knees of my Nose to the Belly o…f my Toes by Alex Chinneck
- Space Copenhagen creates nautical lamps …for &tradition
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories