Called Xmas Declarations, the project aims to draw attention to suffering in the developing world.
Here's some more information from Ctrl.Alt.Shift:
CTRL.ALT.SHIFT LAUNCHES ALTERNATIVE CHRISTMAS DECORATION
'A Dead Thoughtful Product'
Chestnuts are roasting and the halls are decked, oh ‘tis the season to be jolly… Unless, perhaps, you are one of the millions who exist silently in an often forgotten reality.
In a bid to encourage people to think beyond tinsel and Christmas cake, youth initiative Ctrl.Alt.Shift has developed a unique seasonal tree decoration: delicate glass baubles which are actually replica hand grenades.
Designed by Dorothy for Ctrl.Alt.Shift in association with Suck UK, the'Xmas Declarations' will add sparkle to any branch, whilst offering a reminder that the time of year does not bring cheer to all.
Ctrl.Alt.Shift is an experimental initiative politicising a new generation of activists for social justice and global change. Using creativity, photography, film, stories, illustrations and music, it aims to give a voice to the silent majority.
- Tilt furniture by Tina Schmid
- Michael Anastassiades creates minimal li…ghting designs from glowing spheres
- Fixperts by Daniel Charny and James Carr…igan
- Orolog by Jaime Hayon launches exclusive…ly at Dezeen Watch Store pop-up
- Water-shaped bottles by Xiaoli Wen
- Steel frames are bolted together to form… Flexible Order modular furniture system
- Porsche Sculpture by Gerry Judah
- Rick Owens adds sandals and clogs to foo…twear range for Adidas
- 3D-printed Dazzle lamps by Corneel Canna…erts reveal colourful interiors
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories