Called Xmas Declarations, the project aims to draw attention to suffering in the developing world.
Here's some more information from Ctrl.Alt.Shift:
CTRL.ALT.SHIFT LAUNCHES ALTERNATIVE CHRISTMAS DECORATION
'A Dead Thoughtful Product'
Chestnuts are roasting and the halls are decked, oh ‘tis the season to be jolly… Unless, perhaps, you are one of the millions who exist silently in an often forgotten reality.
In a bid to encourage people to think beyond tinsel and Christmas cake, youth initiative Ctrl.Alt.Shift has developed a unique seasonal tree decoration: delicate glass baubles which are actually replica hand grenades.
Designed by Dorothy for Ctrl.Alt.Shift in association with Suck UK, the'Xmas Declarations' will add sparkle to any branch, whilst offering a reminder that the time of year does not bring cheer to all.
Ctrl.Alt.Shift is an experimental initiative politicising a new generation of activists for social justice and global change. Using creativity, photography, film, stories, illustrations and music, it aims to give a voice to the silent majority.
- Brick-shaped vase by Paul Menand holds f…lowers in two ways
- London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games… posters
- Time Elapsed by Philippe Malouin and Lob…meyr
- Drip Grip and XY by Nosigner
- Yohji Yamamoto at the V&A
- Neri&Hu for De La Espada
- Mondaine's Stop2Go watch launches in red… and black at Dezeen Watch Store
- Capo by Doshi Levien for Cappellini
- Amass by Benjamin Hubert for 100% Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories