Called Xmas Declarations, the project aims to draw attention to suffering in the developing world.
Here's some more information from Ctrl.Alt.Shift:
CTRL.ALT.SHIFT LAUNCHES ALTERNATIVE CHRISTMAS DECORATION
'A Dead Thoughtful Product'
Chestnuts are roasting and the halls are decked, oh ‘tis the season to be jolly… Unless, perhaps, you are one of the millions who exist silently in an often forgotten reality.
In a bid to encourage people to think beyond tinsel and Christmas cake, youth initiative Ctrl.Alt.Shift has developed a unique seasonal tree decoration: delicate glass baubles which are actually replica hand grenades.
Designed by Dorothy for Ctrl.Alt.Shift in association with Suck UK, the'Xmas Declarations' will add sparkle to any branch, whilst offering a reminder that the time of year does not bring cheer to all.
Ctrl.Alt.Shift is an experimental initiative politicising a new generation of activists for social justice and global change. Using creativity, photography, film, stories, illustrations and music, it aims to give a voice to the silent majority.
- Arne Jacobsen's Munkegaard chair reintro…duced by Howe
- MMT Calendar wooden pocket watch now ava…ilable at Dezeen Watch Store
- Moritz Waldemeyer with Hussein Chalayan
- Made in Italy talks: il Modo Italiano
- Scrapwood Wallpaper 2 by Piet Hein Eek f…or NLXL
- Space Furniture installation by voonwong…&bensonsaw
- Suspended Figure by Ayako Maruta at Dies…el Denim Gallery Aoyama
- Lees Mee braille stamps by René Put
- Campana Brothers for Artecnica
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories