Called Casax5, the project features a pool on the wood-clad rooftop.
The interior predominantly consists of white and reflective surfaces, with grey resin flooring in areas for daytime use and wooden floors in the bedrooms.
Here's some text from the architects:
casax5, treviso, italy
A big apartment in the outskirts of the city, near the railway. The principal floor is for everyday functions. The upper floor is for the body, for relax, for playing.
A central part is rounded by a black wall/furniture/wall. This black wall/furniture/wall is like a scenic curtain, a filter between day and night and viceversa.
A big space living-kitchen is completely white: walls, furniture, ceiling, lamps etc. The flooring is like a water surface where white colour reflects itself.
The interior concept is that every part has a individual life: every part contains space, light, colour and is composed by elementary volumes. All the surfaces reflect natural and artificial light giving to the space an overexposure effect.
Crossing the black filter we enter to the night part of the house where the effect is similar to the day part. The difference between the two pars is the flooring: grey resine for day, cool grey wood board for night. Going up throught the grey stairs we arrive on the upper floor. On a side we find the pool with a big wooden solarium around; on the other side a concrete outside kitchen with a concrete table.
executive project: 2008
- MIMA House by MIMA Architects
- Stadtmuseum Rapperswil-Jona extension an…d renovation by MLZD
- Curvaceous oak staircase ascends through… converted convent by John Smart Architects
- A tree grows up through voids in Hamada …Design's Glass + Wood building
- Dezeen archive: viewpoints
- International Conference Center in Ouaga…dougou by CAAU
- Office building in Calle Alfonso Gomez b…y Samuel Torres de Carvalho and Pedro Palmero Cabezas
- Social housing with solid stone walls by… Perraudin Architecture
- Swollen concrete facades increase floor …area inside Archium's Gilmosery office block
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories