Produced in a limited edition, the doll is clothed in a print called Jingle Flowers, which was designed by Kawakubo as Comme des Garçons' Christmas theme.
Here's some information from Comme des Garçons store Dover Street Market:
Rei Kawakubo dresses Barbie
COMME DES GARÇONS' JINGLE FLOWERS
LIMITED EDITION BARBIE WEARS DRESS DESIGNED BY REI KAWAKUBO
For the very first time, Barbie is dressed by Rei Kawakubo, and forms part of Jingle Flowers, Comme des Garçons' new nonsense theme for the Xmas holidays. Wearing a sleeveless silk-lined floral dress in the Jingle Flowers photo-style print graphic, which features a full asymmetric-cut skirt that stands away from the body, this limited edition Barbie forms part of the Barbie Collector Platinum Label Collection, and comes in its own box featuring the Jingle Flowers print, and display stand.
Launched in Tokyo last week, Barbie by Comme des Garçons was the very first Jingle Flowers product to sell out, and this week it arrives in all other Comme des Garçons direct shops, including London's Dover Street Market, where it is on sale for £225.
The Jingle Flowers floral pattern makes sweet holiday season noise all over limited edition Comme des Garçons products, including: wallets, Tees, DSM flower bottle perfume, Artek chairs, amongst many others - there's even snowballs!
- Alcantara and University of Arts Berlina…t Qubique 2011
- New Swarovski chandeliers
- Pablo Bronstein honours Nicholas Hawksmo…or with lighthouse/beach hut hybrid in Folkestone
- #006 SideSeat by Studio Makkink & Bey fo…r Proof
- Reddress by Company
- Bench Years by Established & Sons at the… V&A museum
- Night Night by Vanessa Hordies
- Patricia Urquiola for Moroso
- Negative Space Chess Set by Stefan Gough…erty
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories