Produced in a limited edition, the doll is clothed in a print called Jingle Flowers, which was designed by Kawakubo as Comme des Garçons' Christmas theme.
Here's some information from Comme des Garçons store Dover Street Market:
Rei Kawakubo dresses Barbie
COMME DES GARÇONS' JINGLE FLOWERS
LIMITED EDITION BARBIE WEARS DRESS DESIGNED BY REI KAWAKUBO
For the very first time, Barbie is dressed by Rei Kawakubo, and forms part of Jingle Flowers, Comme des Garçons' new nonsense theme for the Xmas holidays. Wearing a sleeveless silk-lined floral dress in the Jingle Flowers photo-style print graphic, which features a full asymmetric-cut skirt that stands away from the body, this limited edition Barbie forms part of the Barbie Collector Platinum Label Collection, and comes in its own box featuring the Jingle Flowers print, and display stand.
Launched in Tokyo last week, Barbie by Comme des Garçons was the very first Jingle Flowers product to sell out, and this week it arrives in all other Comme des Garçons direct shops, including London's Dover Street Market, where it is on sale for £225.
The Jingle Flowers floral pattern makes sweet holiday season noise all over limited edition Comme des Garçons products, including: wallets, Tees, DSM flower bottle perfume, Artek chairs, amongst many others - there's even snowballs!
- Nendo works with traditional manufacture…r to redesign chopsticks
- Anodised table by Max Lamb for Deadgood
- Marc Newson: from hand-welding aluminium… furniture to designing for Apple
- Lulu lamp by Jean-Sébastien Lagrange
- Fixperts by Daniel Charny and James Carr…igan
- "We never use strong colours for our til…es" - Patricia Urquiola
- James Christian designs parasitic struct…ures for disused city spaces
- Dezeen archive: shoes by architects
- Surreal Minimalism by David Pompa
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories