Produced in a limited edition, the doll is clothed in a print called Jingle Flowers, which was designed by Kawakubo as Comme des Garçons' Christmas theme.
Here's some information from Comme des Garçons store Dover Street Market:
Rei Kawakubo dresses Barbie
COMME DES GARÇONS' JINGLE FLOWERS
LIMITED EDITION BARBIE WEARS DRESS DESIGNED BY REI KAWAKUBO
For the very first time, Barbie is dressed by Rei Kawakubo, and forms part of Jingle Flowers, Comme des Garçons' new nonsense theme for the Xmas holidays. Wearing a sleeveless silk-lined floral dress in the Jingle Flowers photo-style print graphic, which features a full asymmetric-cut skirt that stands away from the body, this limited edition Barbie forms part of the Barbie Collector Platinum Label Collection, and comes in its own box featuring the Jingle Flowers print, and display stand.
Launched in Tokyo last week, Barbie by Comme des Garçons was the very first Jingle Flowers product to sell out, and this week it arrives in all other Comme des Garçons direct shops, including London's Dover Street Market, where it is on sale for £225.
The Jingle Flowers floral pattern makes sweet holiday season noise all over limited edition Comme des Garçons products, including: wallets, Tees, DSM flower bottle perfume, Artek chairs, amongst many others - there's even snowballs!
- Red Dot Awards 2008
- Anny Wang uses contrasting materials in …Akin Collection of furniture
- Pod by Benjamin Hubert for De Vorm
- Parrish by Konstantin Grcic and Emeco fo…r the Parrish Art Museum
- Meaningless Excitement Spring Summer 201…4 fashion collection by Y-3 and Peter Saville
- Dezeen archive: telephones
- Bone Chair by Julien de Smedt Architects
- Studio Glithero at Nilufar gallery
- Kate Winslet designs for Habitat
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories