Called Log Sofa, the design features a cylindrical bar wrapped around three sides, over which a loop of fabric is fastened to form the backrest.
Photos are by Ribon.
Here's more information from Artelano:
All the 'Log' collection needed to assure its popularity hands down was a sofa. And now it has got one with this new model by Patricia Urquiola for the french company Artelano: cushion seat for improved comfort plus back- and arm-rest cushions to confirm the wrap-around look.
Sewn details are distinctly chic with a choice of elegant fabrics borrowed from the menswear department. But the piece still retains the me-Tarzan character of the very first 'Log' armchair, with its structure in solid wood and rough-hewn stocky figure.
Dimensions 187 x 85x h 63cm
Structure in solid beech core wood worked & lathed
Finishes: natural grain satin varnish or black lacquer
All-over textile cover
Suggested retail price: from 4160 euros in white, natural grain finish
- New London design show announced
- The Pixel Hirschgasse by Thomas Feicht…ner
- Kulle daybed by Stefanie Schissler fea…tures a bobbly surface
- André Chiote illustrates Brazil's Wor…ld Cup stadiums
- 3D-printed monograms combine two initi…als in one pendant
- Folly by Ron Arad for Magis
- Sam Pearce has "reinvented the wheel" …by replacing spokes with springs
- Marina Bautier furniture collection fo…r Idée
- Enchord table by Industrial Facility
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories