Called Log Sofa, the design features a cylindrical bar wrapped around three sides, over which a loop of fabric is fastened to form the backrest.
Photos are by Ribon.
Here's more information from Artelano:
All the 'Log' collection needed to assure its popularity hands down was a sofa. And now it has got one with this new model by Patricia Urquiola for the french company Artelano: cushion seat for improved comfort plus back- and arm-rest cushions to confirm the wrap-around look.
Sewn details are distinctly chic with a choice of elegant fabrics borrowed from the menswear department. But the piece still retains the me-Tarzan character of the very first 'Log' armchair, with its structure in solid wood and rough-hewn stocky figure.
Dimensions 187 x 85x h 63cm
Structure in solid beech core wood worked & lathed
Finishes: natural grain satin varnish or black lacquer
All-over textile cover
Suggested retail price: from 4160 euros in white, natural grain finish
- BioElectric by Jeongwon Ji
- Belly Love by Florence Jaffrain
- "Super technology is going to ask for su…per tactility" - Li Edelkoort at Dezeen Live
- Oneness by Kyuhyung Cho and Hironori Tsu…kue
- Luzinterruptus creates "weird and sinist…er" lighting installation using floating latex gloves
- Design studio Raw Edges "feels like part… of the Moroso family"
- Cube 6 by Naho Matsuno
- Interview: Patrizia Moroso
- Family Stories by Guy Königstein
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories