Called Log Sofa, the design features a cylindrical bar wrapped around three sides, over which a loop of fabric is fastened to form the backrest.
Photos are by Ribon.
Here's more information from Artelano:
All the 'Log' collection needed to assure its popularity hands down was a sofa. And now it has got one with this new model by Patricia Urquiola for the french company Artelano: cushion seat for improved comfort plus back- and arm-rest cushions to confirm the wrap-around look.
Sewn details are distinctly chic with a choice of elegant fabrics borrowed from the menswear department. But the piece still retains the me-Tarzan character of the very first 'Log' armchair, with its structure in solid wood and rough-hewn stocky figure.
Dimensions 187 x 85x h 63cm
Structure in solid beech core wood worked & lathed
Finishes: natural grain satin varnish or black lacquer
All-over textile cover
Suggested retail price: from 4160 euros in white, natural grain finish
- Bouncing on Top of the World by Checkini…t
- Bureau Nota by Elisabeth Lux for e15
- Airfix-style model kits by Robert Cooper… are made from chocolate and wafer
- Molteni&C Sofa Chats: Arik Levy
- Kuki chair by Zaha Hadid for Sawaya & Mo…roni
- Lex Pott's True Colours vases contrast o…xidised and polished finishes
- Corniches by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec …for Vitra
- Nike combines parts from existing traine…rs to create "SneakerBoot" mash-up
- Chandlo by Doshi Levien for BD Barcelona… Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories