Called Log Sofa, the design features a cylindrical bar wrapped around three sides, over which a loop of fabric is fastened to form the backrest.
Photos are by Ribon.
Here's more information from Artelano:
All the 'Log' collection needed to assure its popularity hands down was a sofa. And now it has got one with this new model by Patricia Urquiola for the french company Artelano: cushion seat for improved comfort plus back- and arm-rest cushions to confirm the wrap-around look.
Sewn details are distinctly chic with a choice of elegant fabrics borrowed from the menswear department. But the piece still retains the me-Tarzan character of the very first 'Log' armchair, with its structure in solid wood and rough-hewn stocky figure.
Dimensions 187 x 85x h 63cm
Structure in solid beech core wood worked & lathed
Finishes: natural grain satin varnish or black lacquer
All-over textile cover
Suggested retail price: from 4160 euros in white, natural grain finish
- Making of Zaha Hadid's NOVA shoes for Un…ited Nude
- Soot by Note Design Studio and Karolina …Stenfelt
- My Way talks: unfold
- Space Furniture installation by voonwong…&bensonsaw
- Resident to launch furniture and lightin…g collection in Milan
- Lapel by Stuart Mcfarlane
- Vondel Verses by Anouk Vogel and Johan S…elbing
- Biomimicry chair by Lilian van Daal repl…aces traditional upholstery with 3D-printed structure
- Clamped table by Ryan Sorrell
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories