Spanish designer Jaime Hayón has completed the interior of a jewellery shop in Kuwait.
Called Octium Jewelry, the shop is fitted out with lacquered wood, natural timbers, ceramic and long curtains.
Jewelery is displayed in cylindrical containers that seem to rise up for the surface of a table, or a display cabinet like a hollowed-out log.
More about Jaime Hayón in our special category.
Here's a little text from the designer:
Octium, a new concept jewelry shop, opened its doors in October 2009.
Located in 360º mall in Kuwait, Octium presents the work of various exclusive jewelry designers from around the globe.
Hayon's design offers an innovative approach to an interior.
Most elements where custom designed for the project using contrasting finishes like glossy lacquered woods, natural oak, ceramic, luxurious fabrics...
- Mercato at Three on the Bund by Neri&Hu
- Karim Rashid's sex shop interior "satisf…ies primal desire"
- Liberty of London boutique by Pierre Bue…cler and Jean-Christophe Poggioli
- West Beach Cafe by Asif Khan
- Twister by Sergey Makhno and Vasiliy But…enko
- The Bank by Liz Muller for Starbucks
- Tang Palace by FCJZ
- Casa da Escrita by João Mendes Ribeiro
- Y. Di Cassanova by Van Halewyck & Marco
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories