Spanish designer Jaime Hayón has completed the interior of a jewellery shop in Kuwait.
Called Octium Jewelry, the shop is fitted out with lacquered wood, natural timbers, ceramic and long curtains.
Jewelery is displayed in cylindrical containers that seem to rise up for the surface of a table, or a display cabinet like a hollowed-out log.
More about Jaime Hayón in our special category.
Here's a little text from the designer:
Octium, a new concept jewelry shop, opened its doors in October 2009.
Located in 360º mall in Kuwait, Octium presents the work of various exclusive jewelry designers from around the globe.
Hayon's design offers an innovative approach to an interior.
Most elements where custom designed for the project using contrasting finishes like glossy lacquered woods, natural oak, ceramic, luxurious fabrics...
- Fabbrica Bergen by Tjep.
- Apartment in Föhr by Karin Matz and Fra…ncesco Di Gregorio
- Cloud by Makoto Tanijiri
- Tree of Life Chapel by Cerejeira Fontes
- Utility exhibition stand by Studio Toogo…od for Tom Dixon
- Library House by Shinichi Ogawa & Associ…ates
- La Terraza del Casino by Jaime Hayón
- Hermitage Amsterdam interior by Merkx + …Girod
- Play Pot restaurant by Lim Tae Hee Desig…n Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories