Spanish designer Jaime Hayón has completed the interior of a jewellery shop in Kuwait.
Called Octium Jewelry, the shop is fitted out with lacquered wood, natural timbers, ceramic and long curtains.
Jewelery is displayed in cylindrical containers that seem to rise up for the surface of a table, or a display cabinet like a hollowed-out log.
More about Jaime Hayón in our special category.
Here's a little text from the designer:
Octium, a new concept jewelry shop, opened its doors in October 2009.
Located in 360º mall in Kuwait, Octium presents the work of various exclusive jewelry designers from around the globe.
Hayon's design offers an innovative approach to an interior.
Most elements where custom designed for the project using contrasting finishes like glossy lacquered woods, natural oak, ceramic, luxurious fabrics...
- Wim Crouwel - A Graphic Odyssey at the D…esign Museum by 6a Architects
- Camper store in London by Tokujin Yoshio…ka
- Heart of Shapes by Keiko + Manabu
- Mocha Mojo by Mancini Enterprises
- 3=2+1 house by Francesco Moncada
- David Chipperfield models Bally flagship… store on 1920s Marcel Breuer interior
- The Times Transplantation Building by Na…no Architects
- Z.BOX by Zaha Hadid
- L’Atelier des Enfants at the Centre Po…mpidou by Mathieu Lehanneur
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories