Spanish designer Jaime Hayón has completed the interior of a jewellery shop in Kuwait.
Called Octium Jewelry, the shop is fitted out with lacquered wood, natural timbers, ceramic and long curtains.
Jewelery is displayed in cylindrical containers that seem to rise up for the surface of a table, or a display cabinet like a hollowed-out log.
More about Jaime Hayón in our special category.
Here's a little text from the designer:
Octium, a new concept jewelry shop, opened its doors in October 2009.
Located in 360º mall in Kuwait, Octium presents the work of various exclusive jewelry designers from around the globe.
Hayon's design offers an innovative approach to an interior.
Most elements where custom designed for the project using contrasting finishes like glossy lacquered woods, natural oak, ceramic, luxurious fabrics...
- Aesop Marylebone shop interior by Stud…io KO
- Le Ciel Bleu by Noriyuki Otsuka
- Alberta Ferretti Los Angeles by Sybari…te
- Adept creates timber-lined music rooms… that each suit different instruments
- "Google was cubicle land when we start…ed designing offices for them"
- Frame House by Jonathan Tuckey Design
- La Petite Bretagne by Paul Crofts Stud…io
- Quality Chop Shop butcher by Fraher Ar…chitects references food crates and packaging
- Nendo presents chocolate bars like pai…nt swatches in Tokyo shop
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories