Spanish designer Jaime Hayón has completed the interior of a jewellery shop in Kuwait.
Called Octium Jewelry, the shop is fitted out with lacquered wood, natural timbers, ceramic and long curtains.
Jewelery is displayed in cylindrical containers that seem to rise up for the surface of a table, or a display cabinet like a hollowed-out log.
More about Jaime Hayón in our special category.
Here's a little text from the designer:
Octium, a new concept jewelry shop, opened its doors in October 2009.
Located in 360º mall in Kuwait, Octium presents the work of various exclusive jewelry designers from around the globe.
Hayon's design offers an innovative approach to an interior.
Most elements where custom designed for the project using contrasting finishes like glossy lacquered woods, natural oak, ceramic, luxurious fabrics...
- New York loft conversion based on a 1960…s modular Swiss house by Ali Tayar
- Loft Apartment by Alex Bykov
- MVRDV converts a chapel into an entrance… for the Stedelijk Museum Schiedam
- OPUS Shop by Paradox Studio
- Speedshop Type One by Torafu Architects
- "Google was cubicle land when we started… designing offices for them"
- Grand Cafe Usine by Bearandbunny
- The Michelberger Hotel by Werner Aisslin…ger
- Switch by Yuko Shibata
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories