Spanish designer Jaime Hayón has completed the interior of a jewellery shop in Kuwait.
Called Octium Jewelry, the shop is fitted out with lacquered wood, natural timbers, ceramic and long curtains.
Jewelery is displayed in cylindrical containers that seem to rise up for the surface of a table, or a display cabinet like a hollowed-out log.
More about Jaime Hayón in our special category.
Here's a little text from the designer:
Octium, a new concept jewelry shop, opened its doors in October 2009.
Located in 360º mall in Kuwait, Octium presents the work of various exclusive jewelry designers from around the globe.
Hayon's design offers an innovative approach to an interior.
Most elements where custom designed for the project using contrasting finishes like glossy lacquered woods, natural oak, ceramic, luxurious fabrics...
- Old Street Kobiteh by Nelson Chow
- Bianco Nero by NI&Co. Architects
- OneSize by Origins Architects
- Shipping containers are suspended above …shoppers inside Le Utthe boutique
- Wieden + Kennedy offices by Featherstone… Young
- Karin Matz leaves unfinished plaster wal…ls in renovated Stockholm apartment
- Höst by Norm Architects and Menu
- Alexander McQueen store, Los Angeles, by… William Russell
- Karine Arabian Boutique by Joseph Grappi…n
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories