The three-storey building will be clad in glass and metal pleats.
The project will include 18, 000 square feet of exhibition space, an education centre, museum shop, visitor café and staff offices.
Construction will begin in March 2010 and is due for completion in 2012.
More information in our earlier story.
More about Zaha Hadid in our special category
- Ando’s Miyake foundation nears complet…ion
- London Aquatics Centre 2012 by Zaha Hadi…d photographed by Hufton + Crow
- Jagged brick artwork by Boris Tellegen e…xtends over Haarlem housing by Heren 5 Architects
- Cloverdale749 apartments by LOHA feature… balconies screened by perforated metal panels
- Long Brick House by Foldes Architects ac…commodates a 17-metre-long bookshelf
- Giant openings puncture Elemental's "mon…olithic" concrete innovation centre
- Portuguese office by GGLL Atelier is a g…rey box punctured by a grid of holes
- Mud bricks and woven rattan used to buil…d an affordable preschool in Morocco
- Red Room by Jana Kleine-Kalmer
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories