The three-storey building will be clad in glass and metal pleats.
The project will include 18, 000 square feet of exhibition space, an education centre, museum shop, visitor café and staff offices.
Construction will begin in March 2010 and is due for completion in 2012.
More information in our earlier story.
More about Zaha Hadid in our special category
- Creative Dismantling by espai MGR
- Micro House in Tsinghua by Studio Liu Lu…bin
- J. Mayer H. designs gridded pavilion for… Karlsruhe's 300-year anniversary
- Translucent glass concert hall designed …by Barozzi Veiga with a jagged roofline
- Fall House by Fougeron Architecture step…s down a cliff side
- Ordos Hilton Hotel by VMX Architects
- Restaurant and Theatre for La Rive Domai…n by Nadau Lavergne
- Neighbourhood Centre by Colboc Franzen &… Associés
- Ryusenji House by Tomoaki Uno Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories