The three-storey building will be clad in glass and metal pleats.
The project will include 18, 000 square feet of exhibition space, an education centre, museum shop, visitor café and staff offices.
Construction will begin in March 2010 and is due for completion in 2012.
More information in our earlier story.
More about Zaha Hadid in our special category
- Maritime Museum and Science Centre by CO…BE and Transform
- Trestles Beach footbridge by Dan Brill A…rchitects
- Bug Dome by WEAK!
- Ruta del Peregrino: Sanctuary by Ai Weiw…ei
- Manuel Aires Mateus revives a Portuguese… farmhouse to create Casa no Tempo
- University library by RH+ Architecture e…ncased within a timber lattice
- Cullinan Studio transforms Hampstead hou…se with glazed garden room
- Pump House by Branch Studio Architects i…s a metal-clad lakeside retreat
- Mizoe House by Takashi Seisho and Akinar…i Tanaka
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories