The three-storey building will be clad in glass and metal pleats.
The project will include 18, 000 square feet of exhibition space, an education centre, museum shop, visitor café and staff offices.
Construction will begin in March 2010 and is due for completion in 2012.
More information in our earlier story.
More about Zaha Hadid in our special category
- Offices for Junta de Castilla y León by… Alberto Campo Baeza
- Tower Wharf Cafe by Tony Fretton Archite…cts
- Guggenheim Helsinki winners: "architectu…re is best conceived in reserve and introspection"
- Melkwegbridge by NEXT Architects and Rie…tveld Landscape
- Wilkinson Eyre's cooled conservatories a…t Gardens by the Bay are "about having fun"
- Three white walls front Ripple house by …Kichi Architectural Design
- Industrial Pavilion Hydro Aluminium by A…damo-Faiden and Estudio Silberfaden
- Architecture photography award-winners g…o on show in London
- Urban Elevator by Vaumm
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories