The three-storey building will be clad in glass and metal pleats.
The project will include 18, 000 square feet of exhibition space, an education centre, museum shop, visitor café and staff offices.
Construction will begin in March 2010 and is due for completion in 2012.
More information in our earlier story.
More about Zaha Hadid in our special category
- Highacres by Duncan Foster Architects
- Bird-apartment by Nendo
- Dezeen’s top ten: churches
- House on the Marsh by A1 Architects
- Lakeside hotel by Ryuichi Ashizawa adjoi…ns a chapel with a musical facade
- Photographer's Studio over a boat house …on Stoney Lake by GH3
- The Museum of Copying by FAT at Venice A…rchitecture Biennale 2012
- Bølgen by MAPT
- Mies van der Rohe Pavilion installation …by SANAA
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories