Slovenian architects Bevk Perović Arhitekti have launched a collection of floor lamps where the light resembles a puff of smoke.
Designed for Slovenian design brand Vertigo Bird, the lamps bases resemble buildings and vehicles.
There are four different designs for the collection, available in a variety of colours.
Each design features a Tyvek lantern floating above a welded metal house, car, factory or car park.
More Dezeen stories about Bevk Perović Arhitekti:
Here's some text from the designer:
The Smoke collection is a series of floor lights based on scaled-down prototypical elements of suburbia – the factory, car, parking lot, and house – isolated from their natural context and transformed into iconic additions for the home or office, belching “smoke,” lighting spaces, and more.
Floor lamps are meant to light up living and working environments – to be useful and critical simultaneously – comment on our everyday lives, surrounded by pollution and consumption.
Their in-between scale (smaller than actual objects, but bigger than typical lamps) enables them to become centers of living rooms, iconic objects around which the domestic life of houses can revolve.
They are big enough to be used in both private and public spaces, and are able to function independently and be combined together in groups as small urban designs, emitting light through recyclable and easy-to-maintain Tyvek® “smoke” shapes.
They are a picture of our world transformed into a source of light, but also a source of happiness and joy, around which the rituals of life can take place.
Materials: computer-cut and welded metal, matte paint, machine washable Tyvek® diffuser, Velcro®
Colors: off-white, musty gray, dust blue, dirty yellow, olive drab
- Reversed Volumes by Mischer’Traxler
- Cryptographer & Encoded Textiles by Raw …Color
- Habitat Machines by David Trautrimas
- Fish packaging by PostlerFerguson
- Sandwichbike flat-pack wooden bicycle by… PedalFactory goes into production
- Darkroom patterns furniture and accessor…ies with Superstudio's "anti-design" grids
- Meaningless Excitement footwear by Y-3 a…nd Peter Saville
- B-side by Hussein Chalayan at Spring Pro…jects
- Luzinterruptus creates "weird and sinist…er" lighting installation using floating latex gloves
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories