London designer Nina Tolstrup of Studiomama has created a cabinet with hidden compartments made of reclaimed floorboards.
Called Reveal, the piece is pierced by boxes that form display shelves.
The front surface of the cabinet is divided into two doors, which open to reveal more boxes hidden within.
The negative space around the boxes can also be used for storage.
More about Studiomama on Dezeen:
Here's some text from Studiomama:
'Reveal' cabinet by Studiomama
Nina Tolstrup of Studiomama who produced a series of furniture and lighting made from discarded pallets has gone on to explore the possibilities of creating furniture using old floorboards.The approach of utilising reclaimed wood gives each piece a unique quality whilst highlightiing the character and beauty of the material.
The "Reveal' cabinet is a piece made from recycled floorboards, the simple form of the exterior contrast with the rough character of the planks from which it is made. There are cut outs that allows for storage and display. When opened the cabinet reveals a set of different size and proportion boxes. Both the boxes and the negative space between them can be used for storage.
The cabinet is made to order, price on request
- Christien Meindertsma at My Way talks
- "Designers tend to be copycats," says …Adidas global creative director
- Futuristic gowns formed from metallic …neoprene by Sadie Williams
- Mater ethical homeware brand
- Moss used as "biological solar panels"… to power a radio
- Barbie by Comme des Garçons
- The Country in the City by Alex Brown
- BMW i Pedelec Concept
- Shreddies adds pyjamas and jeans to li…ne of fart-neutralising apparel
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories