Called Poliart Design, the tables feature the outlines and main routes of Paris, Barcelona, Venice and Istanbul. Colours were chosen according to foods Nichetto sees as particular to each region.
The Italian brand will also launch a polycarbonate and aluminium chair by Fabio Novembre (see our earlier story).
Here's a little text from Casamania:
POLIART design Luca Nichetto
Poliart is a family of coffee tables created specifically to share and promote under standing of the cultural traditions of 4 of Europe’s most significant cities. Paris, Barcelona, Venice and Istanbul. The base of each table supports a table top with a stylised map of the city, the colours used are evocative of the signature dish which characterises the culinary tradition of each city, making them famous around the world.
Materials: timber or aluminium
- No Screw No Glue by Joost van Bleiswijk
- Eugeni Quitllet joins plexiglass backres…ts to Tabu chairs for Alias
- Purple locket is a digital version of th…e traditional heirloom
- Nendo patterns glass furniture for Glas …Italia with brush strokes
- Build by Jack Godfrey Wood and Tom Ballh…atchet for Movisi
- Orbit lamps by Raymond Paulson at New De…signers
- Autumn Winter 2013 collection by Jaimee …McKenna
- Crudo by Barbara Busatta, Dario Buzzini,… Robin Bigio, Martin Meier and Oliviero Zanon
- Olson Kundig Architects based Design Mia…mi lounge on historic lumber yards
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories