Called Poliart Design, the tables feature the outlines and main routes of Paris, Barcelona, Venice and Istanbul. Colours were chosen according to foods Nichetto sees as particular to each region.
The Italian brand will also launch a polycarbonate and aluminium chair by Fabio Novembre (see our earlier story).
Here's a little text from Casamania:
POLIART design Luca Nichetto
Poliart is a family of coffee tables created specifically to share and promote under standing of the cultural traditions of 4 of Europe’s most significant cities. Paris, Barcelona, Venice and Istanbul. The base of each table supports a table top with a stylised map of the city, the colours used are evocative of the signature dish which characterises the culinary tradition of each city, making them famous around the world.
Materials: timber or aluminium
- Dezeen and International Design Forum
- Table B by Konstantin Grcic for BD Barce…lona Design
- Watches by Denis Guidone for NAVA Design
- Build Your Own Musical Instrument by Tec…hnology Will Save Us at Hacked Lab
- Shading by Robert Stadler at Carpenters …Workshop Gallery
- Re-Imagined Chair by Studiomama for the …Stepney Green Design Collection
- Candela installation creates luminous pa…tterns as it spins inside dark V&A gallery
- Hall Stand by Nick Fraser
- QR U? by Thorunn Arnadottir
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories