Called Poliart Design, the tables feature the outlines and main routes of Paris, Barcelona, Venice and Istanbul. Colours were chosen according to foods Nichetto sees as particular to each region.
The Italian brand will also launch a polycarbonate and aluminium chair by Fabio Novembre (see our earlier story).
Here's a little text from Casamania:
POLIART design Luca Nichetto
Poliart is a family of coffee tables created specifically to share and promote under standing of the cultural traditions of 4 of Europe’s most significant cities. Paris, Barcelona, Venice and Istanbul. The base of each table supports a table top with a stylised map of the city, the colours used are evocative of the signature dish which characterises the culinary tradition of each city, making them famous around the world.
Materials: timber or aluminium
- 60Bag by Katarzyna Okinczyc and Remigius…z Truchanowicz
- "Nostalgic comfort" brings brass back in…to contemporary design
- Veloheld by neongrau.id
- Highlife by Claesson Koivisto Rune for T…acchini
- The Temporium on llustre.com
- Waar is Ekko? combined posters and signa…ge for a music festival by Kok Pistolet
- Soap and light visualise sound vibration…s in Dagny Rewera's installation
- Ron Arad: No Discipline at MOMA
- George Sowden designs Softbrew Teapots t…o alleviate "lousy" tea bags
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories