Called Poliart Design, the tables feature the outlines and main routes of Paris, Barcelona, Venice and Istanbul. Colours were chosen according to foods Nichetto sees as particular to each region.
The Italian brand will also launch a polycarbonate and aluminium chair by Fabio Novembre (see our earlier story).
Here's a little text from Casamania:
POLIART design Luca Nichetto
Poliart is a family of coffee tables created specifically to share and promote under standing of the cultural traditions of 4 of Europe’s most significant cities. Paris, Barcelona, Venice and Istanbul. The base of each table supports a table top with a stylised map of the city, the colours used are evocative of the signature dish which characterises the culinary tradition of each city, making them famous around the world.
Materials: timber or aluminium
- Reflections by UNStudio at RETREAT
- Cozy Furniture by Hannes Grebin
- Tout Va Bien cabinet by Antoine Audiau a…nd Manuel Warosz
- Studio Job for Bisazza
- Whiteness by Julia Krantz
- Braun BN0024 now available at Dezeen Wat…ch Store
- Landscape daybed by Outofstock
- "It was Ron Arad's first experience of i…ndustrial design"
- Anna Czaniecka shapes kettle like mugs t…o save water when making tea
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories