The design features 1000m² of catwalk and set covered in an intricate pattern of mechanical symbols and industrial imagery.
The motifs were originally designed as a marquetry pattern for a series of furniture pieces from 2008 called Industry.
Watch a series of videos of the show here.
See our previous story about Studio Job's scenography design for Viktor & Rolf's Spring/Summer 2010 collection.
Photos are by Peter Stigter. Model: Kristen McMenamy.
Here's some more information from Studio Job:
The base of the scenery is a pattern we originally composed for a series of marquetry objects, titled 'Industry' (2008). Specially for the occasion Nynke transformed the pattern into a more theatrical, 3D form that reminded us slightly of Fritz Lang's Metropolis.
Together with Viktor & Rolf we decided to totally wrap the giant catwalk backdrops with 1000 m2 'Industry'! It was pleasant to see how naturally this architectural scene was absorbed by the glamour and fashion industry.
- Jawbone Prime and Ear Candy by Fuseproje…ct
- M2B by Niko de la Faye
- Design Indaba videos: Doung Anwar Jahang…eer
- Meeraboo ST-1 and G-Force by Victor Vett…erlein
- Snøvsen by Hans Toft Hornemann and Terk…el Skou Steffensen
- Vitra launches a lounge chair by Hella J…ongerius in Milan
- Hella Jongerius reveals "expression of y…arn and colour" with rugs in Milan
- Cantilevered sofas by Paulo Kobylka fit …together like stacked concrete slabs
- Melissa + Campana
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories