The design features 1000m² of catwalk and set covered in an intricate pattern of mechanical symbols and industrial imagery.
The motifs were originally designed as a marquetry pattern for a series of furniture pieces from 2008 called Industry.
Watch a series of videos of the show here.
See our previous story about Studio Job's scenography design for Viktor & Rolf's Spring/Summer 2010 collection.
Photos are by Peter Stigter. Model: Kristen McMenamy.
Here's some more information from Studio Job:
The base of the scenery is a pattern we originally composed for a series of marquetry objects, titled 'Industry' (2008). Specially for the occasion Nynke transformed the pattern into a more theatrical, 3D form that reminded us slightly of Fritz Lang's Metropolis.
Together with Viktor & Rolf we decided to totally wrap the giant catwalk backdrops with 1000 m2 'Industry'! It was pleasant to see how naturally this architectural scene was absorbed by the glamour and fashion industry.
- Interview with Matthew Hilton
- United Nude Shoes by Rem D Koolhaas and …Galahad Clark
- Tip Ton and Map Table by BarberOsgerby f…or Vitra
- Glen Baghurst's debut furniture range fu…ses cultural influences
- Wrong Colour Furniture System by Minale-…Maeda
- Photosynthesis by Ehud Oren
- Featured event: Design Miami 2012
- New Danish Modern by Normann Copenhagen
- OMA, Renzo Piano, BIG and Steven Holl bu…ild Lego structures for Olafur Eliasson installation
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories