More Icelandic fashion design: this time a series of concrete belt buckles by Sruli Recht of Reykjavík.
The buckles come in four hand-cast shapes and fasten with a hook and bar made of reclaimed steel.
They come with belts made of horse leather.
More about Sruli Recht on Dezeen:
Icelandic design festival DesignMarch took place 18-21 March.
Photographs are by Marino Thorlacius.
The text that follows is from Recht:
From Mortar, Cold Steel and Flesh
Is Held Within
I took my horse and I took my house
and dragged four stones along that road
to wipe the dust
from mortar, cold steel and flesh
I took the cement powder
claimed rusted steel nails from the forgotten grounds of hope
the horse's hide, beaten now by time and toil, I tanned
and left with my gaze and sweat
to bend that steel and harden that stone.
and with what was shed I am left to atone
Concrete Buckle is a set of 4 hand cast belt buckles with bar and hook bent from sealed reclaimed steel, boxed with a horse-skin Black Sable, Rose Grey and Bay Red belt. Available in several boxed combinations of belt and buckle: one, or all four buckles, and one, or two belts.
- Stacking trays by Frederik Roijé form… overlapping grid patterns
- Studio Job and Jaime Hayón for Bisazz…a
- Guarded Thoughts by Ron Arad
- Kawamura Ganjavian designs Kangaroo Li…ght for the bottom of your bag
- Arne Quinze at Galerie Pierre Bergé &… Associés
- Eemeli and Betty by Lincoln Kayiwa
- Otokurage by Nendo
- Covent Garden Super Design
- Shoes by Tracey Neuls and Tord Boontje… for Selfridges
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories