More Icelandic fashion design: this time a series of concrete belt buckles by Sruli Recht of Reykjavík.
The buckles come in four hand-cast shapes and fasten with a hook and bar made of reclaimed steel.
They come with belts made of horse leather.
More about Sruli Recht on Dezeen:
Icelandic design festival DesignMarch took place 18-21 March.
Photographs are by Marino Thorlacius.
The text that follows is from Recht:
From Mortar, Cold Steel and Flesh
Is Held Within
I took my horse and I took my house
and dragged four stones along that road
to wipe the dust
from mortar, cold steel and flesh
I took the cement powder
claimed rusted steel nails from the forgotten grounds of hope
the horse's hide, beaten now by time and toil, I tanned
and left with my gaze and sweat
to bend that steel and harden that stone.
and with what was shed I am left to atone
Concrete Buckle is a set of 4 hand cast belt buckles with bar and hook bent from sealed reclaimed steel, boxed with a horse-skin Black Sable, Rose Grey and Bay Red belt. Available in several boxed combinations of belt and buckle: one, or all four buckles, and one, or two belts.
- Close to be Open by Agnes Ögren and Val…erie Otte
- Prototype Liquid Glacial Table by Zaha H…adid at David Gill Galleries
- Hardcoded Memory by Troika
- Christmas lights in Madrid by Teresa Sap…ey
- Pro by Konstantin Grcic
- Manuel Netto at Dezeen Platform
- XO tablet by Yves Behar for One Laptop …Per Child
- 28 Series Desk Lamp by Omer Arbel for Bo…cci
- Maarten Baas adds balloon-shaped pendant…s to lighting range for Lasvit
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories