Called Memory, the chair is covered in a dome of fabric made of recycled aluminium, which retains the shape it's squashed into.
The text below is from Yoshioka:
Tokujin Yoshioka x Moroso
Memory - chair without a shape 2010
"Memory" is a chair that completes its design by transforming its silhouette. In other words, this is a chair of an unlimited variety of forms.
For this work, I developed a special fabric with recycled aluminum, and pondered about creating a chair that transforms and memorizes its shape. This chair might remind us of the beauty in nature with its ever-changing expressions, and also create impression as if there is no presence of design.
- Robin and Lucienne Day's daughter "was…n't prepared to allow their works to be misused"
- Pretty Vases Collection by FX Balléry
- AndreyAndShay melds colourful bristles… to form Monobloc Brushes
- SCP at Maison & Objet
- Jewellerysense by Flóra Vági
- MINI Scooter E Concept
- Biomimicry chair by Lilian van Daal re…places traditional upholstery with 3D-printed structure
- Pibal bicycle by Philippe Starck and P…eugeot
- Patrick Stevenson-Keating reimagines t…he value of currency
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories