Called Memory, the chair is covered in a dome of fabric made of recycled aluminium, which retains the shape it's squashed into.
The text below is from Yoshioka:
Tokujin Yoshioka x Moroso
Memory - chair without a shape 2010
"Memory" is a chair that completes its design by transforming its silhouette. In other words, this is a chair of an unlimited variety of forms.
For this work, I developed a special fabric with recycled aluminum, and pondered about creating a chair that transforms and memorizes its shape. This chair might remind us of the beauty in nature with its ever-changing expressions, and also create impression as if there is no presence of design.
- Artemide Flagship Store Taiwan by CROX
- Objects by Estudio Carme Pinós
- The fashion industry is "saturated" says… Olivier Theyskens
- Lloyd Table by Christoph Seyferth
- Smoke by Maarten Baas
- Maxime Mellot's Turia table includes a b…irdcage, fish tank and plant pot
- More from Moss
- BB.Suit 0.2 is an outfit that cleans pol…luted air
- Bandit by Sebastian Bergne
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories