Called Memory, the chair is covered in a dome of fabric made of recycled aluminium, which retains the shape it's squashed into.
The text below is from Yoshioka:
Tokujin Yoshioka x Moroso
Memory - chair without a shape 2010
"Memory" is a chair that completes its design by transforming its silhouette. In other words, this is a chair of an unlimited variety of forms.
For this work, I developed a special fabric with recycled aluminum, and pondered about creating a chair that transforms and memorizes its shape. This chair might remind us of the beauty in nature with its ever-changing expressions, and also create impression as if there is no presence of design.
- Not For Highway Use by Jérôme Dumetz
- Vita interactive by Massimo Mariani
- Big Jambox by Yves Behar for Jawbone
- Interview: Johanna Agerman-Ross at Dezee…n Studio
- Design Miami Chat Shows: Campana Brother…s
- El Mil del Poaig by CuldeSac
- 28 Series Desk Lamp by Omer Arbel for Bo…cci
- Seasons by Valentin Loellmann
- Helena Westerlind at The Temporium
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories