Called Memory, the chair is covered in a dome of fabric made of recycled aluminium, which retains the shape it's squashed into.
The text below is from Yoshioka:
Tokujin Yoshioka x Moroso
Memory - chair without a shape 2010
"Memory" is a chair that completes its design by transforming its silhouette. In other words, this is a chair of an unlimited variety of forms.
For this work, I developed a special fabric with recycled aluminum, and pondered about creating a chair that transforms and memorizes its shape. This chair might remind us of the beauty in nature with its ever-changing expressions, and also create impression as if there is no presence of design.
- Braun Design at Paul Smith Albemarle Str…eet by das programm
- Aunts and Uncles by Philippe Starck for …Kartell
- Chair 01 and Stool 01 by Daphna Laurens …with Wittmann
- Foster + Partners designs simple disc-sh…aped pendant lamp for Lumina
- Zelfbouwboomhut by Aandeboom
- 4010-Overdress by Johannes Laue and Joha…nnes Schroth
- Veuve Clicquot Out of the Box in Milan
- Narcisse mirrors by various designers fo…r Domestic
- Charlotte Perriand: designer, photograph…er, activist at the Museum für Gestaltung Zürich
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories