Milan 2010: London designer Oscar Diaz will present a shopping bag made from canvas straps in Milan next week.
Called Glueline, the bag is bonded together with rubber at the points where the straps meet.
The handle of the bag is also coated in rubber to improve the grip.
See all our stories about Milan 2010 in our special category.
Here is some more information from Oscar Diaz:
Glueline is a shopping bag designed for Foodmarketo using standard strap. Half store and half cooking workshop, FoodMarketo is a partnership between Appartamento magazine and Designmarketo, which opens next week a Milan. The bag is just made using standard 32mm wide strap coated at the overlapping points with rubber.
The rubber works as both, the bonding and decorative element, holding the strap together and emphasizing the connecting areas. Each bag is handcrafted and built as a wireframe. The handle is also coated with rubber to improve the grip. The store and cooking workshops will be taking place at Kaleidoskope Project Space.
- Interview: Assemblage 1 by Toogood
- Twig Coat Stand by Jamie McLellan
- Tord Boontje presents new Swarovski proj…ect
- Dream music video by Cauboyz
- Tim van de Weerd's Monstera plant pots b…alance on spindly legs
- Uma by Kazunaga Sakashita updates archet…ypal trestle table
- The Secret Life of cars by BMW
- Dezeen and Paul Cocksedge present Change… the Record at Concrete
- Air Heads by Héctor Serrano
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories