Milan 2010: London designer Oscar Diaz will present a shopping bag made from canvas straps in Milan next week.
Called Glueline, the bag is bonded together with rubber at the points where the straps meet.
The handle of the bag is also coated in rubber to improve the grip.
See all our stories about Milan 2010 in our special category.
Here is some more information from Oscar Diaz:
Glueline is a shopping bag designed for Foodmarketo using standard strap. Half store and half cooking workshop, FoodMarketo is a partnership between Appartamento magazine and Designmarketo, which opens next week a Milan. The bag is just made using standard 32mm wide strap coated at the overlapping points with rubber.
The rubber works as both, the bonding and decorative element, holding the strap together and emphasizing the connecting areas. Each bag is handcrafted and built as a wireframe. The handle is also coated with rubber to improve the grip. The store and cooking workshops will be taking place at Kaleidoskope Project Space.
- Story lamp by Skar+Vidal
- Ear Chair by Studio Makkink & Bey
- 300 Coloured Vases by Hella Jongerius at… Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen
- Joyrider by Moritz Waldemeyer
- Alcarol traps natural materials in resin… to form New Visions furniture collection
- Origami Chair by So Takahashi
- Das Haus by Luca Nichetto
- Bow-Wow Stool by Morten Emil Engel
- "India needs to cash in on its handicraf…ts" says Made in… India exhibition co-curator
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories