Called Zuiderzee Settings, the objects combine seats, dressers, counters and a trolley.
The products are based on the history of the Dutch museum and its applied art collection.
Van Eijk also created containers and blankets for the project.
Photographs are by Frank Tielemans.
See all our stories about Milan 2010 in our special category.
The following information is from the Zuiderzee Museum:
The seven installations by Kiki van Eijk are based on the applied art collection of the Zuiderzee Museum and the history of the Zuiderzee. Kiki van Eijk paid several visits to the depot and stayed in the Museum Park for a brief period. She has designed new objects referring to everyday domestic customs and crafts. The furniture, the ceramics and the fabrics have been manufactured by the most reputable Dutch firms using traditional methods.
- For Rest Table by SPEAC
- Cipria by Fernando and Humberto Campana …for Edra
- RGB lighting installation by Flynn Talbo…t casts multicoloured shadows
- Close encounter by Oscar Lhermitte
- Little Disk Program by Industrial Facili…ty
- Director Jonathan Irwin burns 250 hand-m…ade model buildings in Aqualung music video
- Colony armchair by Skrivo mixes steam-be…nt wood and rattan
- Comic Spurs typeface is Comic Sans with …added irony
- Geof Ramsay provides an alternative to s…itting on stairs with Steps bench
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories