Called Flash Factory, the installation means visitors can buy an Etch lamp ready-assembled, put it together themselves on the stand or take it home flat-packed.
The information below is from Tom Dixon:
Flash Factory Launches in Milan Salone Del Mobile
On our stand in Milan we launch Flash Factory as part of our Industry story, where a limited number of exclusive products will be made and sold on site.
Etch is a digitally manufactured collection that includes a light and candle-holder in brass and stainless steel. Designed specifically for Milan, everything is sold on a first come first serve basis.
Visitors can assemble their own product on the stand, or purchase a full assembled version or flat-packed version to complete at home.
Flash Factory demonstrates Future Industry and the new found power of the designer, able to service world markets with the latest products in greatly reduced time scales.
- London 2012 Olympic Cauldron by Thomas H…eatherwick
- ILI-ILI lamps by Grupa
- Wire Lighting Collection by Deadgood
- Backstage – A Sideview on the Moroso D…esign Collection at Gallery 113
- Basic Series by StokkeAustad and Frost P…rodukt
- Stick-lets by Christina Kazakia
- Aluminium tables by Katrin Olina and Gar…ðar Eyjólfsson
- "We use software programming controls as… well as physical design" - Troika
- Work out at your desk with Darryl Agawin…'s Balance Stool
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories