Called Flash Factory, the installation means visitors can buy an Etch lamp ready-assembled, put it together themselves on the stand or take it home flat-packed.
The information below is from Tom Dixon:
Flash Factory Launches in Milan Salone Del Mobile
On our stand in Milan we launch Flash Factory as part of our Industry story, where a limited number of exclusive products will be made and sold on site.
Etch is a digitally manufactured collection that includes a light and candle-holder in brass and stainless steel. Designed specifically for Milan, everything is sold on a first come first serve basis.
Visitors can assemble their own product on the stand, or purchase a full assembled version or flat-packed version to complete at home.
Flash Factory demonstrates Future Industry and the new found power of the designer, able to service world markets with the latest products in greatly reduced time scales.
- The Grass Is Always Greener on the Oth…er Side of the Fence by Christian Vivanco
- Justin Oh at The Temporium
- M6 chair by Joe Buttigieg
- Wanders to launch sofa concept in Lond…on
- Lullaby Factory by Studio Weave
- Magnifying spoon designed to detect co…ntaminants in food
- Gravity candle holder by Jólan van de…r Wiel
- Lights by Nathalie Dewez
- Noyberg & Bulka uses sewing machines t…o stamp ink patterns onto clothes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories