Called Flash Factory, the installation means visitors can buy an Etch lamp ready-assembled, put it together themselves on the stand or take it home flat-packed.
The information below is from Tom Dixon:
Flash Factory Launches in Milan Salone Del Mobile
On our stand in Milan we launch Flash Factory as part of our Industry story, where a limited number of exclusive products will be made and sold on site.
Etch is a digitally manufactured collection that includes a light and candle-holder in brass and stainless steel. Designed specifically for Milan, everything is sold on a first come first serve basis.
Visitors can assemble their own product on the stand, or purchase a full assembled version or flat-packed version to complete at home.
Flash Factory demonstrates Future Industry and the new found power of the designer, able to service world markets with the latest products in greatly reduced time scales.
- Foster 510 by Foster + Partners
- Ikea Temporary presents kitchen concepts… at Milan pop-up
- XXXX by Yuya Ushida
- Naoya Matsumoto Design creates two-tone …stools
- Simplissimo by Jean Nouvel for Ligne Ros…et
- Christian Boer designs typeface for read…ers with dyslexia
- Flying Santa giveaway at The Temporium
- Highlife by Claesson Koivisto Rune for T…acchini
- Wearable device could detect disease "wh…en the nearest doctor is days away"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories