The design features a knitted cover, created on a machine for making clothing and washed at a high temperature to shrink the wool.
Buttons hold the resulting cover around the bent steel and wood frame.
Here's a little text from Established & Sons:
Jumper consists of one continuous oversized woolen knitted cover, with qualities very much like that of a jumper, including buttons that fix the cover together on the underside of the chair, once the knitted cover is wrapped over the solid wooden structure and bent steel legs.
The cover is knitted on a ‘Knit and Wear’ machine that is skilled for clothing garments, but this is where the fashion and design production processes divide.
Once the garment is completed it is then run through a high degree wash to attain a seamless and upholstered effect eradicating most of the stretch from the wool but presenting a high quality fabric that layers the structure with precision and rigor.
- Soundchaser by Yuri Suzuki
- Communicator by Martí Guixé for Alessi
- Movie: Jaguar clay modelling at Clerkenw…ell Design Week
- Build by Jack Godfrey Wood and Tom Ballh…atchet for Movisi
- Movie: Campana Brothers at GlassLab
- Pixel animations at London 2012 Olympic …closing ceremony by Crystal CG
- Gord Peteran at Cranbrook Art Museum
- Silent Cargo by SX70 Europe for Anki Gne…ib
- Applause Machine by Martin Smith
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories