Called Spun Seat, the chair has been designed for Italian manufacturers Magis and is made of rotation-moulded plastic.
The seat can be used both indoors and outdoors.
See all our stories about Milan 2010 in our special category.
Here's some more information from retailers Aram:
Spun seat by Thomas Heatherwick
Launched recently at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan, the Spun seat by Thomas Heatherwick is made from rotational moulded polyethylene.
Using a single profile and rotating it through 360 degrees, Spun is a functional spinning top. Measuring 65cm high by 91cm in diameter it is suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
|Extrusions by Thomas Heatherwick||Piggyback by Thomas Heatherwick for Magis||More stories on
- 3D-printed sculptures create optical ill…usions using the Fibonacci sequence
- "I want to bring the surprise back to Ik…ea" says head of design
- Discipline launches in Milan
- Save 25% on Mutewatch at Dezeen Watch St…ore
- Jasper Morrison designs Kali chair to fu…nd African orphanage
- Manuscript by Paul Cocksedge Studio
- Origami Chair by So Takahashi
- Rock Series by Arik Levy at Design Miami…/Basel
- Alessandro Mendini revisits Proust chair… for marble exhibition
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories