Called Spun Seat, the chair has been designed for Italian manufacturers Magis and is made of rotation-moulded plastic.
The seat can be used both indoors and outdoors.
See all our stories about Milan 2010 in our special category.
Here's some more information from retailers Aram:
Spun seat by Thomas Heatherwick
Launched recently at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan, the Spun seat by Thomas Heatherwick is made from rotational moulded polyethylene.
Using a single profile and rotating it through 360 degrees, Spun is a functional spinning top. Measuring 65cm high by 91cm in diameter it is suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
|Extrusions by Thomas Heatherwick||Piggyback by Thomas Heatherwick for Magis||More stories on
- Raw Edges installs dye-soaked wooden f…loor across 19th-century sculpture gallery
- Pascal Smelik's Pixel Cabinet is joine…d by clusters of wooden cubes
- Blooms: Luxury in the Face of Adversit…y by Chan Min Yun
- Aalto University students design chair…s from bright blue plywood
- Florian Schmid's two-legged tables int…ersect with mirrors
- Extrusions by Thomas Heatherwick
- Droog Aalto by Jan Čtvrtník
- Dezeen archive: 3D printing
- Formafantasma combines crystal and cop…per with ritualistic water purification range
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories