Called Spun Seat, the chair has been designed for Italian manufacturers Magis and is made of rotation-moulded plastic.
The seat can be used both indoors and outdoors.
See all our stories about Milan 2010 in our special category.
Here's some more information from retailers Aram:
Spun seat by Thomas Heatherwick
Launched recently at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan, the Spun seat by Thomas Heatherwick is made from rotational moulded polyethylene.
Using a single profile and rotating it through 360 degrees, Spun is a functional spinning top. Measuring 65cm high by 91cm in diameter it is suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
|Extrusions by Thomas Heatherwick||Piggyback by Thomas Heatherwick for Magis||More stories on
- Front designs Tetris storage system made… of stacking blocks
- "With too many contemporary watches you …can't tell what time it is" - Tom Dixon
- Cricklewood Town Square by Spacemakers
- Patricia Urquiola's Luna cabinet conceal…s items behind pivoting doors
- Office KGDVS explores strength of materi…als with prototype furniture
- New photos of work by Heath Nash
- Ilona Gaynor designs staging for a hypot…hetical court case
- A new bus for London competition winners… announced
- In Praise of Shadows at The V&A
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories