Called Spun Seat, the chair has been designed for Italian manufacturers Magis and is made of rotation-moulded plastic.
The seat can be used both indoors and outdoors.
See all our stories about Milan 2010 in our special category.
Here's some more information from retailers Aram:
Spun seat by Thomas Heatherwick
Launched recently at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan, the Spun seat by Thomas Heatherwick is made from rotational moulded polyethylene.
Using a single profile and rotating it through 360 degrees, Spun is a functional spinning top. Measuring 65cm high by 91cm in diameter it is suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
|Extrusions by Thomas Heatherwick||Piggyback by Thomas Heatherwick for Magis||More stories on
- Gene Cafe by Gwenael Lewis for Bocci
- Growing Jewelry by Hafsteinn Juliusson
- 4D typography by Lo Siento
- Architect silhouettes pose inside iconic… windows for Federico Babina's Archiwindow series
- Global Street Food by Mike Meiré for Do…rnbracht 2
- Ekokook by Faltazi
- Butter Chair by DesignByThem
- Tokujin Yoshioka’s Panna Chair install…ation at Moroso in New York
- Bethan Gray covers Ella furniture for Wo…rkhouse in brightly coloured upholstery
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories