Called Spun Seat, the chair has been designed for Italian manufacturers Magis and is made of rotation-moulded plastic.
The seat can be used both indoors and outdoors.
See all our stories about Milan 2010 in our special category.
Here's some more information from retailers Aram:
Spun seat by Thomas Heatherwick
Launched recently at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan, the Spun seat by Thomas Heatherwick is made from rotational moulded polyethylene.
Using a single profile and rotating it through 360 degrees, Spun is a functional spinning top. Measuring 65cm high by 91cm in diameter it is suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
|Extrusions by Thomas Heatherwick||Piggyback by Thomas Heatherwick for Magis||More stories on
- W-eye by Matteo Ragni for MAWOOD
- From Fable to Table by Amelie Onzon
- Drone Shadows by James Bridle evoke the …presence of unmanned aircraft
- Stack by Konstantin Achkov
- Bun Boxes by Émilie Voirin
- Interview: Joseph Grima at Dezeen Studio
- WA|HH by Philippe Starck and David Edwar…ds
- Recession Chair by Tjep.
- Alessandro Zambelli launches hexagonal W…oodspot table lamp
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories