Called Spun Seat, the chair has been designed for Italian manufacturers Magis and is made of rotation-moulded plastic.
The seat can be used both indoors and outdoors.
See all our stories about Milan 2010 in our special category.
Here's some more information from retailers Aram:
Spun seat by Thomas Heatherwick
Launched recently at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan, the Spun seat by Thomas Heatherwick is made from rotational moulded polyethylene.
Using a single profile and rotating it through 360 degrees, Spun is a functional spinning top. Measuring 65cm high by 91cm in diameter it is suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
|Extrusions by Thomas Heatherwick||Piggyback by Thomas Heatherwick for Magis||More stories on
- Hella Jongerius: "Why make new stuff eve…ry year? I'm happy to work on the classics"
- Figurine Containers by TAF
- Brickchair by Pepe Heykoop
- 3D-printed shades diffuse light from Afi…llia lamps by Alessandro Zambelli for .exnovo
- Kyuhyung Cho creates colourful three-sid…ed shelves for Menu
- Voyage to Uchronia by Matali Crasset at …Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac
- Eidos by Tim Bouckley, Millie Clive-Smit…h, Mi Eun Kim and Yuta Sugawara
- Nola colour-mixing lamps by Studio Drift… at Eat Drink Design
- Motek by Luca Nichetto for Cassina
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories