Dezeen podcast: in this podcast recorded at his London headquarters, fashion designer Paul Smith talks about recent projects, his rise to fame and the weird and wonderful contents of his studio.
Smith tells how he became a designer by accident, where he gets his inspiration and how a mystery fan mails bizarre, unwrapped objects to him.
|Cylinda and Dot
by Paul Smith
at Paul Smith
- Door handles by Frank Gehry
- Inflatable furniture by Philipp Beishe…im
- Mischer'Traxler's flute for Perrier-Jo…uët "makes champagne bubble at a certain spot"
- Martyna Barbara Golik translates taste…s into textiles
- Trash Me lamps by Victor Vetterlein
- Man-made marble by Max Lamb used to cr…eate camouflaged furniture installation
- Hans J. Wegner's CH88 chair put into p…roduction by Carl Hansen & Son
- More Maarten Baas in Milan
- Veronika Gombert's Umleiter lamp hangs… offset from its ceiling rose
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories