Called Split Chair, the backrest and four legs are made from a single tube, with a sheet-steel seat slung over two cross-bars between them.
DMY Berlin opens 9-13 June.
Here's some more information from Lorch:
During the last couple of months I have intensively studied the design of steel-tube furniture between 1920 to 1940. With the Split Chair, I intend to develop further the classic tube bending construction on the basis of today’s technology. Through the bridging of traditional tube bending with newest 3D laser-technology, a new construction, which stands for material efficiency and self-evident design, became feasible.
Supported by: Käppler & Pausch (kaeppler-pausch.de), GSI SLV (slv-bb.de)
W 52 x D 44 x H 74
|X Y and Z by Daniel Lorch
at DMNY Berlin 2009
- Kids’ Furniture by Bo Reudler Studio
- Nendo designs brand identity for skincar…e based on Chinese medicine
- Light Sock by Diller Scofidio + Renfro
- "Storage is disappearing from offices" -… Erwan Bouroullec
- London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games… posters
- POL Oxygen redesign and Milan party invi…te
- Campanas + LACOSTE
- Christian Louboutin Mount Street Window …by Studio XAG
- Escritoire Trestle by Ett la Benn
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories