Called Split Chair, the backrest and four legs are made from a single tube, with a sheet-steel seat slung over two cross-bars between them.
DMY Berlin opens 9-13 June.
Here's some more information from Lorch:
During the last couple of months I have intensively studied the design of steel-tube furniture between 1920 to 1940. With the Split Chair, I intend to develop further the classic tube bending construction on the basis of today’s technology. Through the bridging of traditional tube bending with newest 3D laser-technology, a new construction, which stands for material efficiency and self-evident design, became feasible.
Supported by: Käppler & Pausch (kaeppler-pausch.de), GSI SLV (slv-bb.de)
W 52 x D 44 x H 74
|X Y and Z by Daniel Lorch
at DMNY Berlin 2009
- Chocolate Mill by Wieki Somers at the Vi…tra Design Museum
- Movie: Studio Libertiny at Design Miami
- Vincent Dubourg at Carpenters Workshop
- Presence in Absence by Colm Keller
- Charles Pétillon fills abandoned spaces… with white balloons
- The Hear Heres by Studio Weave
- Via Fondazza brass vases by Paolo Dell'E…lce are modelled on still life paintings
- Riya office chair by PearsonLloyd for Be…ne
- 3D-printed Dazzle lamps by Corneel Canna…erts reveal colourful interiors
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories