Called Split Chair, the backrest and four legs are made from a single tube, with a sheet-steel seat slung over two cross-bars between them.
DMY Berlin opens 9-13 June.
Here's some more information from Lorch:
During the last couple of months I have intensively studied the design of steel-tube furniture between 1920 to 1940. With the Split Chair, I intend to develop further the classic tube bending construction on the basis of today’s technology. Through the bridging of traditional tube bending with newest 3D laser-technology, a new construction, which stands for material efficiency and self-evident design, became feasible.
Supported by: Käppler & Pausch (kaeppler-pausch.de), GSI SLV (slv-bb.de)
W 52 x D 44 x H 74
|X Y and Z by Daniel Lorch
at DMNY Berlin 2009
- Bucket Vase by Qubus Design Studio
- Gentle by Matteo Thun & Partners for Dor…nbracht
- White Gold series by Roderick Vos
- Air 1 Aquarium by Amaury Poudray
- Drawing Machine by All Lovely Stuff
- Shreddies underwear that stops farts sme…lling
- The Magic Collection by Front
- Established & Sons in Milan 2
- Blue Diversion Toilet aims to improve sa…nitation with built-in filtration system
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories