Called 20 litre Coat Stand, the base can be weighted with water before a metal pole with branching hooks is attached by the screw-cap.
Here's some more information and photos of the prototype from Marigold:
The coat stand uses a ready-made 20 litre liquid container as a base.
Situated near the front door, the container is easily emptied when it is time for the owner to move house.
The prototype shown here uses an empty 25 litre chemical container from the production of the Palindrome series, originally created for Design Miami, and Moss, New York. It is often used in my studio as a useful heavy weight.
|Twig Coat Stand
by Jamie McLellan
|Mind Chair by Peter Marigold
and Beta Tank
by Peter Marigold
- Prado sofa with movable backrest cushion…s by Christian Werner for Ligne Roset
- Call for entries to the A' Design Award …and Competition 2015
- Pinch&Grind by Roger Arquer for Royal VK…B
- Gagosian shows more Newson pieces
- Lianne Polinder's Technomimicry textiles… are based on LCD screens and solar panels
- Fragrance by Alexa Lixfeld
- CRANE-IT by Micaela Nardella
- "Timeless design is not a cliché" - Phi…lippe Starck
- Sweeper and dustpan by Jan Kochański
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories