Called 20 litre Coat Stand, the base can be weighted with water before a metal pole with branching hooks is attached by the screw-cap.
Here's some more information and photos of the prototype from Marigold:
The coat stand uses a ready-made 20 litre liquid container as a base.
Situated near the front door, the container is easily emptied when it is time for the owner to move house.
The prototype shown here uses an empty 25 litre chemical container from the production of the Palindrome series, originally created for Design Miami, and Moss, New York. It is often used in my studio as a useful heavy weight.
|Twig Coat Stand
by Jamie McLellan
|Mind Chair by Peter Marigold
and Beta Tank
by Peter Marigold
- The Bone Project by Andrew Ross
- Furniture by Pinch
- Shop&Show by Tracey Neuls
- Phonofone II by Tristan Zimmermann
- Lite by Animal Farm
- Infobar A02 by Naoto Fukasawa for KDDI
- D&A modular seating system by Assaf Is…rael
- Canasta by Patricia Urquiola
- Jeremy Maxwell Wintrebert exhibits blo…wn-glass "clouds" at Gallery Fumi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories