The exhibition is to include 22 pieces installed throughout the estate, including 11 created especially for the exhibition.
The show opens 14 September and will continue until 13 December.
Here's some text from Murakami:
For Japanese, myself included, the Château de Versailles is one of the great symbols in Western history. It is emblematic of an elegance, sophistication and artistic ambition that most of us could only dream of.
We understand, of course, that the fuse that sparked the fires of revolution led right through the centre of the building.
But in many ways, it all comes across as a fantastic tale fro a kingdom far, far away. Just as the people of France might find it difficult to recreate in their minds an accurate image of the age of the Samurai, so too does the story of the palace become one that is, for us, diluted of reality.
Thus, it is this that I have tried to capture in this exhibition.
I am The Cheshire Cat who greets Alice in Wonderland with his devilish grin, and chatters on as she wanders around the Château.
With my playful smile, I invite you all to the Wonderland of Versailles.
at Design Miami
at Louis Vuitton
- Mobile by Christan Halleröd and Johanne…s Svartholm
- Cognac Glass by Rikke Hagen
- Bombay Sapphire at the London Design Fes…tival: The Tournament by Jaime Hayón
- Dezeen Watch Store winter sale: 20% off …best-selling watches
- The Beauty of Nothingness by Nicolas Che…ng
- Secret Friend Family by Tithi Kutchamuch
- Robert Stadler at Galerie Emmanuel Perro…tin
- Hooks resembling resting birds perch alo…ng coat rack by Christine Herold and Katharina Ganz
- eCity by eBoy
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories