Called Grand Crus Cup Parade, the pieces are each made of recycled aluminium and styled to resemble Nespresso's range of capsules in sixteen colours.
The designers propose a system where customers return their used capsules for recycling in order to collect points, which they can exchange for the set.
Here's some more information from the designers:
dottings was invited to present their idea concerning the theme Nespresso & Sustainability for a Vienna Design Week Exhibition.
What was developed is a Vision – from the used Nespresso capsule to a designed Recyclingproduct.
“Grand Crus Cup Parade” is produced from 100% recycled Aluminium Capsules that Nespresso followers return to Recycling Stations. For returning capsules they collect “Eco-Points” – the only currency to buy “Grand Crus Cup Parade” with.
Recycling Aluminium requires just 10% of the energy compared to extraction of new aluminium.
The shape of “Grand Crus Cup Parade” is dedicated to the capsule. In Small, Medium & Large Size, in 16 Nespresso Blend Colours, the cups define perfect size of each coffee. It´s a klind of “guidance system” for Nespresso Coffees Selection.
|Concrete coffee maker
by Shmuel Linski
|Cylinda and Dot by
Paul Smith for Stelton
|Slim Cup by
- UK launch of Tacchini collection
- Augmented reality road markings and sign…age "could be applied as a digital layer"
- Block Watch by Tom Dixon now available a…t Dezeen Watch Store
- Will.i.am launches Ekocycle range of pro…ducts made with sustainable materials
- Seating Stones by UNStudio
- Little Triple Chair by Frederik Roijé
- Bottle watch by Industrial Facility arri…ves at Dezeen Watch Store
- Cod Collection by Kria
- Ring Dome Milan by Minsuk Cho/Mass Studi…es
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories