Called Grand Crus Cup Parade, the pieces are each made of recycled aluminium and styled to resemble Nespresso's range of capsules in sixteen colours.
The designers propose a system where customers return their used capsules for recycling in order to collect points, which they can exchange for the set.
Here's some more information from the designers:
dottings was invited to present their idea concerning the theme Nespresso & Sustainability for a Vienna Design Week Exhibition.
What was developed is a Vision – from the used Nespresso capsule to a designed Recyclingproduct.
“Grand Crus Cup Parade” is produced from 100% recycled Aluminium Capsules that Nespresso followers return to Recycling Stations. For returning capsules they collect “Eco-Points” – the only currency to buy “Grand Crus Cup Parade” with.
Recycling Aluminium requires just 10% of the energy compared to extraction of new aluminium.
The shape of “Grand Crus Cup Parade” is dedicated to the capsule. In Small, Medium & Large Size, in 16 Nespresso Blend Colours, the cups define perfect size of each coffee. It´s a klind of “guidance system” for Nespresso Coffees Selection.
|Concrete coffee maker
by Shmuel Linski
|Cylinda and Dot by
Paul Smith for Stelton
|Slim Cup by
- La Chance launches at MOST
- Rinkak by Nendo
- Tongue chair by Arne Jacobsen relaunched… by Howe
- New Vespa S by Piaggio
- Barber and Osgerby's Design Museum exhib…ition "could almost be called the aluminium show"
- Conceptual office swaps chairs and desks… for "experimental work landscape"
- Mark the last veil by Roos Kuipers
- Interactive slideshow: Heal's launches S…pring 2014 furniture collection
- A Very Modern Royal Wedding by KK Outlet
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories