Called Dancing Squares, the show will include a bookshelf, lamp, stool and table, each made up of distorted or tumbling squares.
The exhibition runs 13-16 January 2011.
Photographs are by Masayuki Hayashi.
The information that follows is from Nendo:
Nendo will show solo exhibitions “dancing squares” at Art Stage in Singapore, 13th - 16th January
We assembled square to create a sense of motion in this series of objects.
One part of the bookshelf is frozen in its cascade of tumbling planes, creating variety in the way books can be stacked.
The stool’s twist endows it with visual play.
Lamps roll about but are stable, thank to their planes, and cast light in different directions.
The table leans as though falling away, but maintains its function as a table, and makes objects placed on it seem to sink into its folds and sways.
The different ‘movements’make balance and unbalance overlap, as though we are watching the planes themselves dance.
EVENT: “No Boundary” at Art Stage
Address: Basement 2, Hall D at Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
OPEN: January 13th – 16th / 11:30-19:00
|Thin Black Lines
|Collar and Hexagon
- The Heart of Architecture by Giles Mil…ler Studio
- The crash was "very healthy" for colle…ctible design, says Design Miami's Rodman Primack
- British Design Classics stamps by Roya…l Mail
- Tswana by Patty Johnson
- Studio Glithero at Nilufar gallery
- No Country For Old Men by Lanzavecchia… + Wai
- Shreddies adds pyjamas and jeans to li…ne of fart-neutralising apparel
- Zieharsofika upholstery by Meike Harde
- Big-Game Overview
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories