Called Dancing Squares, the show will include a bookshelf, lamp, stool and table, each made up of distorted or tumbling squares.
The exhibition runs 13-16 January 2011.
Photographs are by Masayuki Hayashi.
The information that follows is from Nendo:
Nendo will show solo exhibitions “dancing squares” at Art Stage in Singapore, 13th - 16th January
We assembled square to create a sense of motion in this series of objects.
One part of the bookshelf is frozen in its cascade of tumbling planes, creating variety in the way books can be stacked.
The stool’s twist endows it with visual play.
Lamps roll about but are stable, thank to their planes, and cast light in different directions.
The table leans as though falling away, but maintains its function as a table, and makes objects placed on it seem to sink into its folds and sways.
The different ‘movements’make balance and unbalance overlap, as though we are watching the planes themselves dance.
EVENT: “No Boundary” at Art Stage
Address: Basement 2, Hall D at Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
OPEN: January 13th – 16th / 11:30-19:00
|Thin Black Lines
|Collar and Hexagon
- Barbie by Comme des Garçons
- Claudio Gatto's Bolla rechargeable LED l…amp works both indoors and outdoors
- "I want to bring the surprise back to Ik…ea" says head of design
- Studio Swine's Meteorite Shoes simulate …space debris
- E8 table by Mathias Hahn
- Tom Dixon launches "minimal and geometri…c" Plane light collection
- Animal Wall by Gitta Gschwendtner
- Standard Stationery by David Weatherhead
- OP-jects by Bilge Nur Saltik
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories