Here's a frame made to display the wood waste generated during its own production, created by Japanese designer Hironobu Yamabe.
Here are some more details from the designer:
[short by short] design by Hironobu Yamabe
For edition HORIZONTAL / E&Y
Space and objects: when you start thinking of these two it is surprisingly interesting... And when those objects are unleashed from function and utility the atmosphere and your imagination shall be freed.
It contains the sawn wood which is produced when the frame was manufactured. Consumer can display or use as an instrument of something.
Size: W.317 x H.386, t=30
Manufacturer: E&Y (http://www.eandy.com/)
Release: winter, 2010
|Scrap wood furniture
by Amy Hunting
|A limited edition of one
million by Sighn
- Hacker by Michael Young at Dezeen Watch …Store
- MT Club Chair by Very Good & Proper
- Dezeen Watch Store: Deckster by N-Produc…t
- Bust marble chair by Tomáš Gabzdil Lib…ertíny
- 2 Million & 1 AD by Austin Houldsworth
- New Jawbone by Yves Béhar
- Bits of Wood by Pepe Heykoop
- Bifurcations by Robert Stadler
- Health-monitoring components designed fo…r Google's Project Ara modular smartphone
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories