Here's a frame made to display the wood waste generated during its own production, created by Japanese designer Hironobu Yamabe.
Here are some more details from the designer:
[short by short] design by Hironobu Yamabe
For edition HORIZONTAL / E&Y
Space and objects: when you start thinking of these two it is surprisingly interesting... And when those objects are unleashed from function and utility the atmosphere and your imagination shall be freed.
It contains the sawn wood which is produced when the frame was manufactured. Consumer can display or use as an instrument of something.
Size: W.317 x H.386, t=30
Manufacturer: E&Y (http://www.eandy.com/)
Release: winter, 2010
|Scrap wood furniture
by Amy Hunting
|A limited edition of one
million by Sighn
- Prostheses and Innesti by Studio MK27, M…anuela Verga and Paolo Boatti
- Lloyd Table by Christoph Seyferth
- Felt-upholstered rocking chair by Gianca…rlo Cutello
- Interactive slideshow: Normann Copenhage…n's latest furniture collection
- Valdemar by Artificial/form
- Semi-Rigid Car by Emergent
- First collection from new Dublin design …brand includes a table with a hammock underneath
- Designed in Hackney: Frank, Ernest and H…enry Pouffes by Donna Wilson
- Dieter Rams 620 Chair Programme relaunch…ed by Vitsœ
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories