Here's a frame made to display the wood waste generated during its own production, created by Japanese designer Hironobu Yamabe.
Here are some more details from the designer:
[short by short] design by Hironobu Yamabe
For edition HORIZONTAL / E&Y
Space and objects: when you start thinking of these two it is surprisingly interesting... And when those objects are unleashed from function and utility the atmosphere and your imagination shall be freed.
It contains the sawn wood which is produced when the frame was manufactured. Consumer can display or use as an instrument of something.
Size: W.317 x H.386, t=30
Manufacturer: E&Y (http://www.eandy.com/)
Release: winter, 2010
|Scrap wood furniture
by Amy Hunting
|A limited edition of one
million by Sighn
- UseLess is More by JVLT
- Bourrasque by Paul Cocksedge
- L’Artisan Électronique by Unfold and …Tim Knapen
- Xylinum by Jannis Hülsen
- Il Hoon Roh weaves carbon fibre string i…nto curved armchair
- The Bradley tactile timepiece launches i…n Europe at Dezeen Watch Store
- Bjarke Ingels unveils "BIG Maze" for Was…hington's National Building Museum
- Benedetto Bufalino transforms a former a…partment into a tennis court
- "People who don't like Comic Sans don't …know anything about design"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories