Here's a frame made to display the wood waste generated during its own production, created by Japanese designer Hironobu Yamabe.
Here are some more details from the designer:
[short by short] design by Hironobu Yamabe
For edition HORIZONTAL / E&Y
Space and objects: when you start thinking of these two it is surprisingly interesting... And when those objects are unleashed from function and utility the atmosphere and your imagination shall be freed.
It contains the sawn wood which is produced when the frame was manufactured. Consumer can display or use as an instrument of something.
Size: W.317 x H.386, t=30
Manufacturer: E&Y (http://www.eandy.com/)
Release: winter, 2010
|Scrap wood furniture
by Amy Hunting
|A limited edition of one
million by Sighn
- Gareth Pugh brings his "modern armour"… back to London for Autumn Winter 2015
- Dezeen archive: children's furniture
- Finger-nose Stylus by Dominic Wilcox
- Blown-glass sex toys form Adult Tool K…it by Michael Reynolds and Jeff Zimmerman
- Vendôme by Kram/Weisshaar
- Sebastian Jansson in Milan
- UFO by Ross Lovegrove
- Raum404 creates freestanding mirrors a…nd furniture for Zurich hair salon
- Those speakers at last
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories