Amsterdam designer Andreas Kowalewski has created a series of lamps shaped like mushrooms.
The Fungi Lamp is made of nylon webbing that has been wound around a mould and bonded with glue.
The lamps come in three different colours and heights.
Here's a tiny bit of text from Kowalewski:
The FUNGI LAMPs are made out of a nylon webbing, bonded together through a special glue technique. With their unconventional construction, each lamp silhouette shows literally a gradual growth like a tree and reveals traces of imperfection of the process.
The illuminated fabric creates an unique and mystical light effect.
|Fungus chairs by
|Blown Fabric by
- Porcelain poppies surround the Tower of …London to commemorate World War I
- Shop&Show by Tracey Neuls
- Woonling Collection by Karoline Fesser
- DesignTide in Tokyo 2007 details
- Foam dipped in rubber becomes seating by… Jo Nagasaka
- Maaike Roozenburg combines augmented rea…lity and digital prototyping to create smart fakes
- Departed Glory by Wieki Somers
- Designer New Year cards
- The Ocean Cleanup aims to strip 70 milli…on kilos of plastic from the sea in 10 years
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories