London designer Émilie Voirin has created a range of whips, shaving brushes and trinket boxes made of hair.
Called Bun Boxes, the hair is woven and wound into buns and used to top a series of pots of different shapes and sizes.
The usual short blunt bristles of a shaving brush are replaced with long flowing hair, also used for wooden-handled whips.
The pieces can be made with either human or synthetic hair in a range of styles and colours.
Voirin's designs are available from Mint in London.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the designer:
About the Bun box: Boxes made from porcelain, lid made of hair.
About the whips and the shaving brushes: Almost usual hair objects (Whip, shaving brush)
These objects, normally designed to be sharp and blunt, take on a gentler character when made using human hair.
Hair on wood (Available in blond, brown, chestnut, black, grey, wavy, curly or sleek, with human or synthetic hair.)
|The Skullmate by
|Mourning Objects by
|Crazy Hair by
Studio Marisol and CuldeSac
- Benjamin Hubert and Moroso "share a pass…ion for innovations in textile"
- Workout Computer by Bless keeps you fit …while you type
- Mixx by Matthias Demacker for Area DeCli…c
- Wireless router vase by STC
- Bouquet by Tokujin Yoshioka
- New collection by La Chance
- Metal Lace drain by Joana Meroz
- Insert by Leo Yiu
- Mirrors by La Mamba for Omelette-ed
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories