Called Dissecting the Dandy, the space is filled with dismembered mannequins displayed in grey MDF boxes with wooden supports.
The designers have suspended their Work Lamp (see our earlier story) from rows of connected metal frames at different heights to illuminate the pieces on display.
The mannequins are dressed in typical 'dandy' attire - fashioned blazers, waistcoats, shirts, shoes and accessories.
The Dandy exhibition is on show at Nordiska Museet, Stockholm, until May 2011.
The following information is from the designers:
Dissecting the Dandy
Form Us With Love has designed the exhibition architecture for the exhibition "Dandy" at Nordiska Museet, Stockholm.
What is a dandy? What does he look like? Some say a dandy is a particular person. Others say a dandy is a way of life. The architecture of the exhibition dissect the dandy into pieces. "We wanted to expose the details that makes the Dandy" says John Löfgren, Jonas Pettersson and Petrus Palmér of Form Us With Love.
The architecture consists of dismembered mannequins, fused with MDF boxes which then has been laqcuered in a slate grey, giving the illusion that a stonecutter has started working on sculptures, but only finished the parts essential for the exhibition pieces.
The exhibition gives examples of how a contemporary Dandy could look. Tailor Frederik Andersen, fashion researcher Rickard Lindqvist, journalist Olaf Enckell, stylist Lalle Johnson, author Björn af Kleen, designer Göran Sundberg and shop owner Christian Qua- glia have all given their suggestions on the modern style dandy.
The exhibition is on display until May 1, 2011. Nordiska museet is situated on Djurgården.
|Maritiem Museum exhibition by Tjep.||Drawing Fashion exhibition
by Carmody Groarke
Form Us With Love
- Foxes Den cafe by Hecker Guthrie refer…ences a chicken coop
- Floating steel staircase divides Iduns…gate Apartment by Haptic
- My Caravan Studio by Paul Coudamy
- Nike UK Headquarters redesign by Rosie… Lee
- Carrer Avinyo 34 by David Kohn Archite…cts
- Apartment refurbishment in Gràcia by …Vora Arquitectura
- Historic Shanghai "gangsters' warehous…e" transformed into an office by Naturalbuild
- Corner house by Masahiro Kinoshita
- Giant timber nest provides meeting roo…m at Baya Park offices by Planet 3 Studios
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories