Cologne 2011: this folding table by Swedish designers AKKA is one of two joint winning projects in this year’s [D3] Contest, an international competition for young designers organised by trade fair imm cologne. Update: this project is included in Dezeen Book of Ideas, which is on sale now for £12.
Called OLA after one of the designers' fathers, the lightweight design can be folded and unfolded without turning the piece over.
imm Cologne takes place 18-23 January 2011.
Here are some more details from AKKA:
The ola-table is an easily handled folding-table that always stands on its feet, and thus doesent get a dirty and chipped tabletop after a while. Even a fairly small lady could unfold a hundred tables at a conference without risking her health, since you dont have to turn the whole table around or so. The ola-tables looks so nice when folded that you can store it by the wall in your office or at home for an easy-accessed extra work desk. The table stacks tightly and is made of aluminum.
The Ola-table (which bears its name after the father of Petter) is designed by Petter Danielson and Oscar Ternbom at AKKA (www.akka.se), Göteborg, Sweden.
The OLA-table will be manufactured by MATERIA, a Swedish company, (materia.se) and will be launched at the Stockholm furniture fair in a few weeks.
DezeenTV: OLA by AKKA
|Pressed Chair by
- Job Office collection by Studio Job for …Lensvelt
- Paper Planes by Glithero and Baddeley Br…others at The Temporium
- Free space for light designers at Tent L…ondon
- Suspended staircase combined with desk a…nd storage space by Mieke Meijer
- Autumn Winter 2013 collection by Jaimee …McKenna
- Season chair by Piero Lissoni comprises …two simple volumes
- "Drip-free" umbrella encloses wet canopy… on the inside
- The Hybrid Project by Readymade Projects…, Mogollon and Daniel Hakansson
- Night & Day by Patricia Urquiola for Mol…teni&C
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories