Cologne 2011: this folding table by Swedish designers AKKA is one of two joint winning projects in this year’s [D3] Contest, an international competition for young designers organised by trade fair imm cologne. Update: this project is included in Dezeen Book of Ideas, which is on sale now for £12.
Called OLA after one of the designers' fathers, the lightweight design can be folded and unfolded without turning the piece over.
imm Cologne takes place 18-23 January 2011.
Here are some more details from AKKA:
The ola-table is an easily handled folding-table that always stands on its feet, and thus doesent get a dirty and chipped tabletop after a while. Even a fairly small lady could unfold a hundred tables at a conference without risking her health, since you dont have to turn the whole table around or so. The ola-tables looks so nice when folded that you can store it by the wall in your office or at home for an easy-accessed extra work desk. The table stacks tightly and is made of aluminum.
The Ola-table (which bears its name after the father of Petter) is designed by Petter Danielson and Oscar Ternbom at AKKA (www.akka.se), Göteborg, Sweden.
The OLA-table will be manufactured by MATERIA, a Swedish company, (materia.se) and will be launched at the Stockholm furniture fair in a few weeks.
DezeenTV: OLA by AKKA
|Pressed Chair by
- Lamp OOO by Sergio Mannino and Jan Habra…ken
- The SOL Dome by Loop.pH
- Log Clock by Piotr Stolarski
- Past Memories by Valentin Loellmann
- Silicon details outline garments in Xiao… Li's Autumn Winter 2014 collection
- Clue installation by Elevation Workshop
- Lex Pott's True Colours vases contrast o…xidised and polished finishes
- CONST lamp by THINKK studio at Ventura L…ambrate
- Love the Bird by Marc Dibeh
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories