Cologne 2011: this folding table by Swedish designers AKKA is one of two joint winning projects in this year’s [D3] Contest, an international competition for young designers organised by trade fair imm cologne. Update: this project is included in Dezeen Book of Ideas, which is on sale now for £12.
Called OLA after one of the designers' fathers, the lightweight design can be folded and unfolded without turning the piece over.
imm Cologne takes place 18-23 January 2011.
Here are some more details from AKKA:
The ola-table is an easily handled folding-table that always stands on its feet, and thus doesent get a dirty and chipped tabletop after a while. Even a fairly small lady could unfold a hundred tables at a conference without risking her health, since you dont have to turn the whole table around or so. The ola-tables looks so nice when folded that you can store it by the wall in your office or at home for an easy-accessed extra work desk. The table stacks tightly and is made of aluminum.
The Ola-table (which bears its name after the father of Petter) is designed by Petter Danielson and Oscar Ternbom at AKKA (www.akka.se), Göteborg, Sweden.
The OLA-table will be manufactured by MATERIA, a Swedish company, (materia.se) and will be launched at the Stockholm furniture fair in a few weeks.
DezeenTV: OLA by AKKA
|Pressed Chair by
- Meteo by Naoto Fukasawa for Magis
- Alliance glass collection encourages dri…nkers to match wine with water
- Blankets by Snøhetta for Røros Tweed
- Tourbillon by A+A cooren
- Jaguar's cars could "tap drivers on the …shoulder" to prevent cyclist deaths
- Michael Young relaunches PXR-5 watch tha…t caused "queues blocking the corridors"
- Dezeen Watch Store pop-up at designjunct…ion
- Poles Apart by Adrian Bergman
- DesignMarch 2012: studio tours
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories