Cologne 2011: this folding table by Swedish designers AKKA is one of two joint winning projects in this year’s [D3] Contest, an international competition for young designers organised by trade fair imm cologne. Update: this project is included in Dezeen Book of Ideas, which is on sale now for £12.
Called OLA after one of the designers' fathers, the lightweight design can be folded and unfolded without turning the piece over.
imm Cologne takes place 18-23 January 2011.
Here are some more details from AKKA:
The ola-table is an easily handled folding-table that always stands on its feet, and thus doesent get a dirty and chipped tabletop after a while. Even a fairly small lady could unfold a hundred tables at a conference without risking her health, since you dont have to turn the whole table around or so. The ola-tables looks so nice when folded that you can store it by the wall in your office or at home for an easy-accessed extra work desk. The table stacks tightly and is made of aluminum.
The Ola-table (which bears its name after the father of Petter) is designed by Petter Danielson and Oscar Ternbom at AKKA (www.akka.se), Göteborg, Sweden.
The OLA-table will be manufactured by MATERIA, a Swedish company, (materia.se) and will be launched at the Stockholm furniture fair in a few weeks.
DezeenTV: OLA by AKKA
|Pressed Chair by
- Dumbo by Tomek Rygalik for Moroso
- Book cover refuses to open for judgmen…tal readers
- Studio 7.5 designs foam "hackable" off…ice system for Herman Miller
- Naica ceramic lamp by Something for Li…gne Roset
- Atelier Yokyok installs vaulted string… tunnels in a Gothic cloister garden
- Dezeen Watch Store: GO by Naoto Fukasa…wa for Issey Miyake
- Dezeen Podcast: Colin Forbes rememberi…ng Alan Fletcher at the Design Museum
- Logo Chairs by Richard Woods and Sebas…tian Wrong
- JamScape photographed by Luke Hayes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories