Called Rubber Table, each product has five legs and an irregularly shaped top, moulded from dyed foam rubber.
imm cologne took place 18-23 January. See all our coverage of the event here »
Here are some more details from Schnur:
The drain or toilet plunger is an item, which, though it receives little attention, is actually extremely useful. Rubber Table adopts its idiosyncratic aesthetics and transfers them to a new environment. The rubber plunger has become a table leg – setting in motion a new way of looking at this ambivalent object. Manufacturing it from dyed foam rubber preserves the color and the feel of the original object.
In my projects I always attempt to negotiate with the product I am to design. I negotiate on the weighting of materials, manufacturing, appearance, meaning and function. I break down this task into its characteristics and meanings. I then analyze, assess and construct the idea.
In this, it is important to me that despite their cross-references, the products, which are often created from familiar fragments, are able to development the greatest possible degree of autonomy. In this way, they allow for associations but, beyond this, develop their own potential for becoming autonomous products.”
by Yen-Wen Tseng
|Rubber House by
Zeinstra van Gelderen
- Ineke Hans' Drawer Table offers storage …for slender items
- Lace by Benjamin Graindorge for Ligne Ro…set
- Construction Lamp by Joost van Bleiswijk… for Moooi
- Mattia Bonetti at David Gill Galleries
- Coffee tables by Ding3000 for Normann Co…penhagen
- Torafu Architects hides dolls' house wit…hin a wooden chair
- Shades for Make Lamp by Hanieh Heidaraba…di can be custom 3D-printed
- Stanley Series by Simon Donald
- KRUZIFIX by Stefan Strumbel
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories