Called Hellraiser, the range includes a basket, tray and fruit bowl, all featuring cut-out geometric shapes.
Maison & Objet took place 21-25 January 2011.
Here's a bit of text from Alberto Alessi:
There are two Rashids: the architect (Hani) and the designer (Karim). We've worked with both of them.
With the first (thoughtful and reserved) we produced a collection of desk objects, “Parq”, “Scup”, “Trina” and “Stila”, the “Trianava” vase, the “Arc” wristwatch and the “Ares” pen.
With the second (extroverted and even overly outgoing) the “Kaj” wristwatch and the projects we're announcing today: harsh and metropolitan (an interesting contrast to his usual soft and rounded language), as soon as I saw them, I spontaneously called them “Hellraiser”.
|Cross by Karim Rashid for Freedom of Creation|
- Mimicry Chairs by Nendo
- Alex Hellum at 100% Norway
- Bunad Blankets by Andreas Engesvik
- Water-shaped bottles by Xiaoli Wen
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: 40% of…f Mutewatch
- Silent Cargo by SX70 Europe for Anki G…neib
- Tapehook by Torafu Architects
- MOY by Elvis Tomljenovic
- Barbie Dreamhouse by Roksanda Ilincic …and SHOWstudio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories