Called Hellraiser, the range includes a basket, tray and fruit bowl, all featuring cut-out geometric shapes.
Maison & Objet took place 21-25 January 2011.
Here's a bit of text from Alberto Alessi:
There are two Rashids: the architect (Hani) and the designer (Karim). We've worked with both of them.
With the first (thoughtful and reserved) we produced a collection of desk objects, “Parq”, “Scup”, “Trina” and “Stila”, the “Trianava” vase, the “Arc” wristwatch and the “Ares” pen.
With the second (extroverted and even overly outgoing) the “Kaj” wristwatch and the projects we're announcing today: harsh and metropolitan (an interesting contrast to his usual soft and rounded language), as soon as I saw them, I spontaneously called them “Hellraiser”.
|Cross by Karim Rashid for Freedom of Creation|
- Nendo's Draftsmen 01 series available to… pre-order at Dezeen Watch Store
- Seasons by Valentin Loellmann
- Voxan Café Racer Super Naked by Philipp…e Starck
- Brigitte Coremans at My Way talks
- Luca Nichetto launches eponymous design …brand with 11 products
- Masonite: Memoriam by Folkform for Svens…kt Tenn
- PACT underwear by Yves Behar
- Cube 6 by Naho Matsuno
- Diversity by Nacho Carbonell
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories