Called Hellraiser, the range includes a basket, tray and fruit bowl, all featuring cut-out geometric shapes.
Maison & Objet took place 21-25 January 2011.
Here's a bit of text from Alberto Alessi:
There are two Rashids: the architect (Hani) and the designer (Karim). We've worked with both of them.
With the first (thoughtful and reserved) we produced a collection of desk objects, “Parq”, “Scup”, “Trina” and “Stila”, the “Trianava” vase, the “Arc” wristwatch and the “Ares” pen.
With the second (extroverted and even overly outgoing) the “Kaj” wristwatch and the projects we're announcing today: harsh and metropolitan (an interesting contrast to his usual soft and rounded language), as soon as I saw them, I spontaneously called them “Hellraiser”.
|Cross by Karim Rashid for Freedom of Creation|
- Fabrica Decorative System by Sam Baron
- Sofa Lamp by CuldeSac and Héctor Serran…o
- New Pinterest board: storage
- Glacier by Brodie Neill at SuperDesign
- Campana Beds by Fernando and Humberto Ca…mpana for Edra
- Glass Elephant installation at Stockholm… Design Week
- Photos of Covent Garden Super Design
- Pointless Diagrams by Josh Lewandowski
- Open Room No.1 by Matali Crasset
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories