Called Hellraiser, the range includes a basket, tray and fruit bowl, all featuring cut-out geometric shapes.
Maison & Objet took place 21-25 January 2011.
Here's a bit of text from Alberto Alessi:
There are two Rashids: the architect (Hani) and the designer (Karim). We've worked with both of them.
With the first (thoughtful and reserved) we produced a collection of desk objects, “Parq”, “Scup”, “Trina” and “Stila”, the “Trianava” vase, the “Arc” wristwatch and the “Ares” pen.
With the second (extroverted and even overly outgoing) the “Kaj” wristwatch and the projects we're announcing today: harsh and metropolitan (an interesting contrast to his usual soft and rounded language), as soon as I saw them, I spontaneously called them “Hellraiser”.
|Cross by Karim Rashid for Freedom of Creation|
- Zaha Hadid for Serralunga
- Wood Work by Karen Ryan
- Jule Waibel recreates origami paper dres…ses in chiffon
- Motorlight by Jake Dyson
- Myrkr Chair by WORD
- SP-7 Dining Table by Schwab/Panther
- Acceleration sofa by Phillip Grass
- Teepee and Kanu by Konstantin Grcic
- Dezeen and Paul Cocksedge present Change… the Record at Concrete
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories