Called Hellraiser, the range includes a basket, tray and fruit bowl, all featuring cut-out geometric shapes.
Maison & Objet took place 21-25 January 2011.
Here's a bit of text from Alberto Alessi:
There are two Rashids: the architect (Hani) and the designer (Karim). We've worked with both of them.
With the first (thoughtful and reserved) we produced a collection of desk objects, “Parq”, “Scup”, “Trina” and “Stila”, the “Trianava” vase, the “Arc” wristwatch and the “Ares” pen.
With the second (extroverted and even overly outgoing) the “Kaj” wristwatch and the projects we're announcing today: harsh and metropolitan (an interesting contrast to his usual soft and rounded language), as soon as I saw them, I spontaneously called them “Hellraiser”.
|Cross by Karim Rashid for Freedom of Creation|
- BMW unveils Vision Future Luxury car wit…h augmented reality display
- Ora Unica by Denis Guidone
- Audi's super-fast driverless car is fitt…ed with a mini film studio
- Job Office collection by Studio Job for …Lensvelt
- M3 Chair by Thomas Feichtner
- Standard Stationery by David Weatherhead
- Bola Service Table by Antoni Pallejà Of…fice
- Dirty Rotten Peaches by Rebecca Wilson
- Driverless cars and OLED headlights by A…udi at CES 2013
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories