Called Hellraiser, the range includes a basket, tray and fruit bowl, all featuring cut-out geometric shapes.
Maison & Objet took place 21-25 January 2011.
Here's a bit of text from Alberto Alessi:
There are two Rashids: the architect (Hani) and the designer (Karim). We've worked with both of them.
With the first (thoughtful and reserved) we produced a collection of desk objects, “Parq”, “Scup”, “Trina” and “Stila”, the “Trianava” vase, the “Arc” wristwatch and the “Ares” pen.
With the second (extroverted and even overly outgoing) the “Kaj” wristwatch and the projects we're announcing today: harsh and metropolitan (an interesting contrast to his usual soft and rounded language), as soon as I saw them, I spontaneously called them “Hellraiser”.
|Cross by Karim Rashid for Freedom of Creation|
- Wooden table by Ruben Beckers weighs jus…t 4.5 kilograms
- Rough & Smooth collection by Tom Dixon
- Lumps of lava act as built-in dimmer swi…tches for porcelain lamps by gt2P
- Dezeen podcast: Dieter Rams at the Desig…n Museum
- Fashion collection woven from Uruguayan …wool by Mercedes Arocena and Lucía Benítez
- Bounce stools by Véronique Baer spring …back into shape
- Movie: Studio Libertiny at Design Miami
- BlackBerry aims to end "hilarious misspe…lled messages"
- Pico by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec for Mut…ina
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories