Slovakian designer Peter Jakubik has carved the rough shape of an iconic Panton Chair into a tree trunk with a chain saw.
Called Hobby Panton chair, Jakubik's design seeks to encourage others to create their own Panton chair, simply by arming themselves with an image of the original, a tree and the essential DIY tools.
Here's a little bit of text from the designer:
Hobby Panton chair by Peter Jakubik - designer classic tutorial
Panton DIY Chair created by Peter Jakubik.
The Chair incites users fabricates their own original fake according to famous chair designed by Verner Panton.
All what you need is a picture of Panton chair, a tree, DIY tools and passion for designer classics.
And now we can start manufacture genuine copy of the Panton chair for your holiday cottage or garden party.
|Lo Res by
|Upside Down by
|Him and Her by
- UP by Yves Behar for Jawbone
- From Now to Eternity
- Philippe Nigro designs rounded sofa for …Ligne Roset
- Jean Prouvé at the Design Museum
- Beasties, Zaha and BarberOsgerby for 20l…td
- Truncheons by Cmmnwlth
- Big-Game's Hammer Lamp combines traditio…nal and contemporary metalwork
- Tron chair by Dror
- Edsbyn's office partitions are made from… recycled plastic bottles
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories