Slovakian designer Peter Jakubik has carved the rough shape of an iconic Panton Chair into a tree trunk with a chain saw.
Called Hobby Panton chair, Jakubik's design seeks to encourage others to create their own Panton chair, simply by arming themselves with an image of the original, a tree and the essential DIY tools.
Here's a little bit of text from the designer:
Hobby Panton chair by Peter Jakubik - designer classic tutorial
Panton DIY Chair created by Peter Jakubik.
The Chair incites users fabricates their own original fake according to famous chair designed by Verner Panton.
All what you need is a picture of Panton chair, a tree, DIY tools and passion for designer classics.
And now we can start manufacture genuine copy of the Panton chair for your holiday cottage or garden party.
|Lo Res by
|Upside Down by
|Him and Her by
- Manuscript by Paul Cocksedge Studio
- Ribbon by Shin Azumi
- Moodwall by Urban Alliance
- Silvia Fado designs impact absorbers for… more comfortable high-heeled shoes
- Yusuke Seki showcases fragile hemp texti…les across banks of metal rods
- İzz cafe and restaurant by Uğur Köse …and Batu Palmer
- Studio Nomad's mirror installation refle…cts fragments of forest at a Hungarian music festival
- The Living Points Structure jewellery co…vers limbs in porcupine-like spines
- New Pinterest board: storage
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories