Slovakian designer Peter Jakubik has carved the rough shape of an iconic Panton Chair into a tree trunk with a chain saw.
Called Hobby Panton chair, Jakubik's design seeks to encourage others to create their own Panton chair, simply by arming themselves with an image of the original, a tree and the essential DIY tools.
Here's a little bit of text from the designer:
Hobby Panton chair by Peter Jakubik - designer classic tutorial
Panton DIY Chair created by Peter Jakubik.
The Chair incites users fabricates their own original fake according to famous chair designed by Verner Panton.
All what you need is a picture of Panton chair, a tree, DIY tools and passion for designer classics.
And now we can start manufacture genuine copy of the Panton chair for your holiday cottage or garden party.
|Lo Res by
|Upside Down by
|Him and Her by
- V01 18k at Dezeen Watch Store
- Cabinet by Dimitri Vangrunderbeek
- Alegre Design updates traditional brea…stfeeding chair with contemporary materials and shapes
- Dual Cut by Kitmen Keung for Sixinch
- Doppelgänger by Didier Faustino
- Zephyr Sofa by Zaha Hadid for Cassina …Contract
- Dezeen Watch Store pop-up shop at Cler…kenwell Design Week
- Masko spiky origami masks for shop win…dow mannequins by 3Gatti Architecture Studio
- Lisbon Christmas Lights by Pedro Sotto…mayor, José Adrião and ADOC
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories