Called Entailles, the sofas can be arranged in different configurations to make a one, two or three-seater platform.
Tables slot into gaps between the seats.
imm cologne took place 18-23 January. See all our coverage of the event here »
Here's a bit of text from Ligne Roset:
"Viewing everyday life through the prism of objects which are surprising, yet sensible."
Since 1999, Philippe Nigro has worked as a freelance designer; he is also an associate of the De Lucchi studio in Milan, where he works on numerous projects in the fields of product design, furniture and lighting design, interior architecture, promotional events and scenography.
To use the exact words of Philippe Nigro, these divans are ‘quasi-articulated’ by means of ‘functional notches’ which can accommodate small pedestal tables (for reading, writing, working, drinking, eating...).
These simple details confer on the divans a whole new aesthetic totally at odds with conventional images, whilst making it possible to obtain different seat depths and back heights. In order to fully respond to the original idea, it is possible to have the notches in a different colour and/or fabric. The end result is a ‘living’ divan, which seems to be in constant movement.
|Slow Sofa by
|Stripes and Peignes by
- Aurélie Blanchard makes over the cantee…n in Gehry's Vitra Factory Building
- Lighting has "passed from electricity in…to electronics" says Piero Gandini of Flos
- Mater ethical homeware brand
- Talent 2008 at Designhuis
- Very Good & Proper designs new legs for …MT Club Chair
- Corian Loves Missoni
- Ross Lovegrove for KEF
- Prisma by Alexander Lotersztain for Derl…ot Editions
- Scrapwood Wallpaper 2 by Piet Hein Eek f…or NLXL
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories