Called The Narcissist, the piece forms part of a series of wooden mirrors, boxes and benches.
The vanity cabinet has a slotted top to funnel light through the crystals that line the roof inside.
Here's more information from the designers:
Designed in China and made in Barcelona in collaboration with Swarovski.
Lyndon Neri and Rossana Hu are NERI & HU, their studio -NHDRO- is in Shanghai and they represent the first generation of architects and designers working from China, with a talent and their own personality.
They are young, were trained in America and have returned to the giant Asian country with the intention of giving a new meaning to the phrase made in China.
They have made their collection called "The Narcissist" for BD, in collaboration with Swarovski (for the Swarovski project "Elements at Work"), as an example: it is designed in China and made in Barcelona.
It seems to show the world in reverse, but is only one sample of what is to come.
Lyndon and Rossana's work demonstrates a confluence of features from contemporary western design with the roots of oriental tradition.
This project has emerged from guidelines prepared to their measure.
These are dressing table items, a type of furniture - very common in oriental cultures - which is in danger of extinction.
There are a tabletop jewel case, a series of stools and multi-use mirrors and the dressing table itself as the central piece.
The collection culminates in a lattices piece with inlaid crystals which generates a very special atmosphere when light filters through it.
- Little Satans by Muungano and Sandberg…&Timmonen
- Grasshopper by Wieki Somers for Tecton…a
- ÉCAL students design seasonal objects… for time-themed exhibition
- Clothing designed for chairs by Bernot…at & Co
- The Thread Wrapping Machine by Anton A…lvarez
- Doug Wheeler creates illusion of infin…ite white space inside Venetian palazzo
- Trapezoid watch by Naoto Fukasawa
- Konstantin Grcic at Qubique 2011
- Ontwerpduo bases Fairytale Furniture c…ollection on fantasy stories
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories