In this first movie in our series of Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs talks to Italian designer Harry Thaler, one of two joint winners of the [D3] Contest young designers competition at imm cologne earlier this year.
Click on the symbol in the bottom right of the video player above to view the movie in full-screen HD.
Can’t see the movie? Click here.
In the movie Thaler talks about his upbringing in Italy, prototyping his chairs bent from a single piece of metal while studying at the Royal College of Art in London and trying to find a manufacturer for the resulting design.
Above: Pressed Chair by Harry Thaler (see our earlier story).
We'll be publishing all 13 movies from Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents over the coming days. More details about the talks here.
|More about Thaler's
|Moody Couch by Hanna
- Cashmere blanket by Damien Hirst
- Theme & Variations by Julien Carretero
- Chaise Longue by Arthur Rottier
- Designed in Hackney: London 2012 Olymp…ic Torch by BarberOsgerby
- Avifauna by Maarten Kolk & Guus Kuster…s
- Aurélie Blanchard makes over the cant…een in Gehry's Vitra Factory Building
- Forget Me Knot by Sruli Recht
- Jean Paul Gaultier x Melissa
- Hassell and Draisci Studio create "Lon…don's first sleeperie" to encourage daytime naps
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories