In this first movie in our series of Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs talks to Italian designer Harry Thaler, one of two joint winners of the [D3] Contest young designers competition at imm cologne earlier this year.
Click on the symbol in the bottom right of the video player above to view the movie in full-screen HD.
Can’t see the movie? Click here.
In the movie Thaler talks about his upbringing in Italy, prototyping his chairs bent from a single piece of metal while studying at the Royal College of Art in London and trying to find a manufacturer for the resulting design.
Above: Pressed Chair by Harry Thaler (see our earlier story).
We'll be publishing all 13 movies from Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents over the coming days. More details about the talks here.
|More about Thaler's
|Moody Couch by Hanna
- UFO by Ross Lovegrove
- Chair for Dali by Kei Harada
- Sebastian Cox pairs coppiced chestnut an…d ash for furniture collection
- Couture by Marcel Wanders for Graham & B…rown
- THINKK Studio and Studio 248at Ventura L…ambrate
- Industrial metal processing techniques u…sed to create steel homeware collection
- 8 Inches of Dark Chocolate Cock Filled W…ith...by United Indecent Pleasures
- Folding Techniques for Designers: basic …pleats
- 3D-printed shoes by Recreus scrunch up t…o fit into pockets
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories