In this first movie in our series of Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs talks to Italian designer Harry Thaler, one of two joint winners of the [D3] Contest young designers competition at imm cologne earlier this year.
Click on the symbol in the bottom right of the video player above to view the movie in full-screen HD.
Can’t see the movie? Click here.
In the movie Thaler talks about his upbringing in Italy, prototyping his chairs bent from a single piece of metal while studying at the Royal College of Art in London and trying to find a manufacturer for the resulting design.
Above: Pressed Chair by Harry Thaler (see our earlier story).
We'll be publishing all 13 movies from Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents over the coming days. More details about the talks here.
|More about Thaler's
|Moody Couch by Hanna
- Zarb Champagne by THEY
- One Handed Condom Wrapper by Ben Pawle
- Else vases by Michal Fargo moulded from …torn foam blocks
- Join by BCXSY
- Pill Range by Alexander Lotersztain for …Derlot Editions
- Fabrica researchers create electronic mu…sical instrument from stones and wood
- F-Type by Jaguar
- AutoWed Wedding Machine by Concept Shed
- Colour and the Machine by Minimalux
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories