In this first movie in our series of Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs talks to Italian designer Harry Thaler, one of two joint winners of the [D3] Contest young designers competition at imm cologne earlier this year.
Click on the symbol in the bottom right of the video player above to view the movie in full-screen HD.
Can’t see the movie? Click here.
In the movie Thaler talks about his upbringing in Italy, prototyping his chairs bent from a single piece of metal while studying at the Royal College of Art in London and trying to find a manufacturer for the resulting design.
Above: Pressed Chair by Harry Thaler (see our earlier story).
We'll be publishing all 13 movies from Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents over the coming days. More details about the talks here.
|More about Thaler's
|Moody Couch by Hanna
- Suspended staircase combined with desk a…nd storage space by Mieke Meijer
- Dezeen Watch Store relaunches
- In Case of Riot by Max Arlestig and Maxi…milian Gebhardt
- Seven Deadly Glasses by Kacper Hamilton
- Another Country launches lighting collec…tion with designs by Dana Cannam
- Typefaces by Wim Crouwel for The Foundry
- Netscape by Konstantin Grcic at Design M…iami/
- Watches by Uniform Wares
- Record Chronograph by Achille Castiglion…i for Alessi at Dezeen Watch Store
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories