Called The Invisibles Light, the project is a thinned-down development of the Invisibles series of furniture that Yoshioka presented last year (see our earlier story).
The following information is from Kartell:
Tokujin Yoshioka x Kartell
The Invisibles Light−Disappearing into the air
In 2010, the exhibition "The Invisibles" was taken place at Kartell Gallery.
The series of chairs and tables, "The Invisibles," was presented in the event. They were an exceptionally experimental pieces made out of the transparent blocks of acrylic.
The poetic, yet dynamical presences reveal the essence of the pieces, and leave a mysterious scenery. "The Invisibles" goes beyond the concept of the products, and holds the quality as an art piece.
This year, 2011, I am presenting "The Invisibles Light".
"The Invisibles Light" is as if hiding its appearance to escape from this material world. It melts into people's daily lives like the air.
|Snowflake by Tokujin Yoshioka for Kartell||The Invisibles by Tokujin Yoshioka for Kartell||The Snow by
- Neko by Sanaa for Alessi at Dezeen Watch… Store
- Chameleonic gemstones map brain activity… across headdress by The Unseen
- Plantation pots combine hand-thrown porc…elain with discarded glasses
- Beer Foamer by Norm Architects promises …better pints
- ScanLAB and Pernilla Ohrstedt create a p…hysical "point cloud" at designjunction
- More from Stuart Haygarth
- Bulky by Jonas Wagell for Muuto
- "Could we be human without objects?" - S…am Jacob at Dezeen Live
- Dezeen Watch Store at Tracey Neuls: 20 N…ovember to 23 December 2012
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories