Called The Invisibles Light, the project is a thinned-down development of the Invisibles series of furniture that Yoshioka presented last year (see our earlier story).
The following information is from Kartell:
Tokujin Yoshioka x Kartell
The Invisibles Light−Disappearing into the air
In 2010, the exhibition "The Invisibles" was taken place at Kartell Gallery.
The series of chairs and tables, "The Invisibles," was presented in the event. They were an exceptionally experimental pieces made out of the transparent blocks of acrylic.
The poetic, yet dynamical presences reveal the essence of the pieces, and leave a mysterious scenery. "The Invisibles" goes beyond the concept of the products, and holds the quality as an art piece.
This year, 2011, I am presenting "The Invisibles Light".
"The Invisibles Light" is as if hiding its appearance to escape from this material world. It melts into people's daily lives like the air.
|Snowflake by Tokujin Yoshioka for Kartell||The Invisibles by Tokujin Yoshioka for Kartell||The Snow by
- Nested Bunk Beds by Tsai Design Studio
- Peye and Olive by Numéro 111 for Lign…e Roset
- Alex Hellum at 100% Norway
- Elements by Dick van Hoff at Gallery L…ibby Sellers
- Flow by Xavier Lust for Indera
- Cipria by Fernando and Humberto Campan…a for Edra
- Teapot/cup by Louie Rigano
- Les Mousses by Etienne Gros
- Bush of Iron by Nacho Carbonell
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories