Called Corbeille, meaning basket, the piece can be slotted together by the user without any screws or nails.
When full it can be turned upside down and burnt in the garden, disposing of both the waste-paper and the bin itself.
The piece was displayed as part of an exhibition titled Garden at Home in Milan last month.
Photographs are by Gustavo Millon.
The following is from the designer:
Corbeille by Amaury Poudray for Fabrica:
Exhibited in ATCASA exhibition in Milan Lambrate last week with the theme = DIY Garden
My object proposes an inside and outside use. It is a paper trash to build yourself (DIY) and to spend time outside. At night, full of paper, it is great to take your trash out, flip it and burn it thanks to the paper inside. All the assembling part are in wood (no screws) all is burning and disapear, only stays the stars.
For me, the most important element to live whenever and wherever outside is Fire. I wanted an inside object able to go outside to give us fire. Corbeille is a bin for papers that you can reverse outside. It becomes a fireplace. All your accumulated papers makes it easier to start a fire at night, enjoy the silence and admire the milky way.
To build it, you don't use any screws, only wooden sticks, after bruning it, everything has disapeared.
- BB.Suit 0.2 is an outfit that cleans pol…luted air
- Public Office Landscape by Fuseproject f…or Herman Miller
- St Peter Squeezer by Studio Giulio Iacch…etti
- Sewing box cabinet by Kiki van Eijk
- Sports Hijab by ResportOn
- "In your life, everything is integrated"
- Building Bytes 3D printed bricks by Bria…n Peters
- Cajal sofas and armchair by Gunilla Alla…rd balance seats on thin metal frames
- Hose Clip Shelving by Max Frommeld
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories