MAP Studios of Madrid have designed this table with an integrated mirror, vase and candle sticks.
Called Plug-In, the table features hand-crafted ceramic items which are removable but unable to stand up on their own.
The following is from the designer:
Plug-in by MAP Studio
Symbiosis is any relationship between individuals of different species where both individuals derive a benefit.
This concept is the basis of this project, which consists on a collection of objects that need furniture to hold them, in such a way that the furniture gets a new identity.
Nowadays the world is getting more and more homogeneous. In commerce, multinational companies have monopolized the market thanks to their low prizes.
Who doesn´t have a bookcase with a Swedish name? For many people, the way of being different, could be to transform their furniture by using these pieces.
With this project I pretend to involve people in the creative process by using very simple procedures, and always achieving unique results.
Mirrors, vases and candle holders fit in and on the furniture, becoming part of it.
- Crown Vase by Lambert Rainville creates …freestanding flower arrangements
- Wrong Colour Furniture System by Minale-…Maeda
- Kanazawa World Craft Triennial 2010 Pre-…event by Nendo
- "With too many contemporary watches you …can't tell what time it is" - Tom Dixon
- Bye Bye Bulb by Daniel Michel
- Dezeen Watch Store: Vigorelli by Matteo …Ragni for Lorenz
- Tuomas Markunpoika mills coloured pencil…s to create Amalgamated vases
- Binaudios by Dominic Wilcox encourage us…ers to "listen to the city"
- Nonsystem by Su Jung-Cheng
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories