MAP Studios of Madrid have designed this table with an integrated mirror, vase and candle sticks.
Called Plug-In, the table features hand-crafted ceramic items which are removable but unable to stand up on their own.
The following is from the designer:
Plug-in by MAP Studio
Symbiosis is any relationship between individuals of different species where both individuals derive a benefit.
This concept is the basis of this project, which consists on a collection of objects that need furniture to hold them, in such a way that the furniture gets a new identity.
Nowadays the world is getting more and more homogeneous. In commerce, multinational companies have monopolized the market thanks to their low prizes.
Who doesn´t have a bookcase with a Swedish name? For many people, the way of being different, could be to transform their furniture by using these pieces.
With this project I pretend to involve people in the creative process by using very simple procedures, and always achieving unique results.
Mirrors, vases and candle holders fit in and on the furniture, becoming part of it.
- Herb by Nick Fraser
- Cycling shoes by Tracey Neuls for Tokyob…ike
- 18 Feet & Rising by Studio Octopi
- GINA Light Visionary Model by BMW
- Movie: Dita Von Teese hologram by Musion… for Christian Louboutin at the Design Museum
- Cauliflowers create moulds for "monster"… stool by Studio Pasternak
- Lamp modelled on an owl's eye by Jun Yas…umoto for Ligne Roset
- Marlies Schets' reflective fabrics turn …everyday accessories into cycling safety gear
- Nendo patterns glass furniture for Glasi…talia with brush strokes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories