MAP Studios of Madrid have designed this table with an integrated mirror, vase and candle sticks.
Called Plug-In, the table features hand-crafted ceramic items which are removable but unable to stand up on their own.
The following is from the designer:
Plug-in by MAP Studio
Symbiosis is any relationship between individuals of different species where both individuals derive a benefit.
This concept is the basis of this project, which consists on a collection of objects that need furniture to hold them, in such a way that the furniture gets a new identity.
Nowadays the world is getting more and more homogeneous. In commerce, multinational companies have monopolized the market thanks to their low prizes.
Who doesn´t have a bookcase with a Swedish name? For many people, the way of being different, could be to transform their furniture by using these pieces.
With this project I pretend to involve people in the creative process by using very simple procedures, and always achieving unique results.
Mirrors, vases and candle holders fit in and on the furniture, becoming part of it.
- Spun chair by Thomas Heatherwick
- Blå Station's Poppe chair is just 33 ce…ntimetres wide
- SuperDesign at Victoria House, London
- Neon mirrors by Phillip K Smith III crea…ted glowing beacons at Coachella
- Coming soon: driverless trains, planes a…nd automobiles
- Everyday Special by Mr Jones Watches
- Couture by Marcel Wanders for Graham & B…rown
- Stools made of sand and urine by Peter T…rimble
- Dandelight by Drift
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories