Spanish designer Valentin Garal has designed a bench with an integrated budgie cage.
The Family Bench is made of solid willow and was designed for retailer the Le Porc-Shop.
The following is by the designer:
By Valentín Garal for Le Porc-Shop 2011
Family Bench is a collaboration by the Spanish designer Valentin Garal for Le Porc-Shop, a Mexican hand-crafted furniture workshop. Family Bench is an object conceived for the “non places” often forgotten and lacking of character.
It is made of solid willow wood, with an outstanding crafted work on the cage. Its construction moves to a concept of excellence for the social and sentimental scope. Pedagogical in its design, functions as a bank of family ties.
It requires a tender care by all members that surround the Family Bench. With a touch of irony, is a reflective piece destined to become a point of meeting, discussion and preservation of social relations.
Solid willow wood hand-crafted
120 x 190 x 45 cms
- Bouroullec brothers to debut Belleville …furniture collection for Vitra
- Movie: Ross Lovegrove on his Solar Tree …at Clerkenwell Design Week
- Mirror by Kaschkasch Cologne for Menu de…signed to fit into corners
- Wen Jing Lai mixes knives and forks with… chopsticks to create Westiental cutlery
- Mormor by Gry Fager for Normann Copenhag…en
- Jaime Hayón's debut plastic product is …a skeletal chair for Magis
- Get Lost collection by Tiago Volpato and… Gabriel F channels frustrations of young designers
- Paceman by MINI
- Konstantin Grcic at Qubique 2011
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories