Spanish designer Valentin Garal has designed a bench with an integrated budgie cage.
The Family Bench is made of solid willow and was designed for retailer the Le Porc-Shop.
The following is by the designer:
By Valentín Garal for Le Porc-Shop 2011
Family Bench is a collaboration by the Spanish designer Valentin Garal for Le Porc-Shop, a Mexican hand-crafted furniture workshop. Family Bench is an object conceived for the “non places” often forgotten and lacking of character.
It is made of solid willow wood, with an outstanding crafted work on the cage. Its construction moves to a concept of excellence for the social and sentimental scope. Pedagogical in its design, functions as a bank of family ties.
It requires a tender care by all members that surround the Family Bench. With a touch of irony, is a reflective piece destined to become a point of meeting, discussion and preservation of social relations.
Solid willow wood hand-crafted
120 x 190 x 45 cms
- Nendo's Stay-brella stands up unassisted
- Paralympic design: adaptive rowing equip…ment
- Bethan Gray and Mitchell Abdul Karim Cri…tes design products influenced by Islamic patterns
- "Heat-shrinking the polystyrene cups cre…ated beautiful shapes" - Paul Cocksedge
- Aluminium bowls by Fort Standard stand o…n fin-like legs
- Peroni Collaborazioni Talks: Fabio Novem…bre part 2
- YachtPlus by Foster + Partners
- Air Heads by Héctor Serrano
- Front at Spazio Rossana Orlandi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories