Spanish designer Valentin Garal has designed a bench with an integrated budgie cage.
The Family Bench is made of solid willow and was designed for retailer the Le Porc-Shop.
The following is by the designer:
By Valentín Garal for Le Porc-Shop 2011
Family Bench is a collaboration by the Spanish designer Valentin Garal for Le Porc-Shop, a Mexican hand-crafted furniture workshop. Family Bench is an object conceived for the “non places” often forgotten and lacking of character.
It is made of solid willow wood, with an outstanding crafted work on the cage. Its construction moves to a concept of excellence for the social and sentimental scope. Pedagogical in its design, functions as a bank of family ties.
It requires a tender care by all members that surround the Family Bench. With a touch of irony, is a reflective piece destined to become a point of meeting, discussion and preservation of social relations.
Solid willow wood hand-crafted
120 x 190 x 45 cms
- Nendo creates pastel optical illusions f…or Japanese design exhibition display
- The Front Room: Geometry and Colour
- A Touch of Green at Droog
- Paul Cocksedge's Double O bike lights sl…ot securely around a D-lock
- To celebrate World Toilet Day, here are …Dezeen's favourite unusual toilets
- Suna Broom by Joseph Guerra
- Chair shaped like the tail of a peacock …by UUfie
- Tricom table by Shigeichiro Takeuchi for… COMMOC
- Gorge by Ramei Keum
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories