Spanish designer Valentin Garal has designed a bench with an integrated budgie cage.
The Family Bench is made of solid willow and was designed for retailer the Le Porc-Shop.
The following is by the designer:
By Valentín Garal for Le Porc-Shop 2011
Family Bench is a collaboration by the Spanish designer Valentin Garal for Le Porc-Shop, a Mexican hand-crafted furniture workshop. Family Bench is an object conceived for the “non places” often forgotten and lacking of character.
It is made of solid willow wood, with an outstanding crafted work on the cage. Its construction moves to a concept of excellence for the social and sentimental scope. Pedagogical in its design, functions as a bank of family ties.
It requires a tender care by all members that surround the Family Bench. With a touch of irony, is a reflective piece destined to become a point of meeting, discussion and preservation of social relations.
Solid willow wood hand-crafted
120 x 190 x 45 cms
- The Country in the City by Alex Brown
- Cliq coat hangers by Flow Design replace… hooks with magnets
- Design Academy Eindhoven in Milan 2
- Colony armchair by Skrivo mixes steam-be…nt wood and rattan
- Augmented reality road markings and sign…age "could be applied as a digital layer"
- Straight Chair and Splay Table by George… Nakashima for Knoll
- E8 furniture by Mathias Hahn for Zeitrau…m
- Dominic Wilcox: "I'm deadly serious abou…t being playful"
- Nu-Balearica mix album artwork by Airsid…e
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories