Here's an animation of the two memorial fountains at the World Trade Centre site in New York, which are due to open in three weeks time on the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Each waterfall will plunge 30 feet into a square basin then another 30 feet through a smaller hole in the middle, with the names of victims inscribed onto bronze plaques around the perimeter. The fountains are set in a paved plaza that's planted with 415 trees, all identical in size, beneath which a memorial museum is under construction.
The animation is by Los Angeles digital designers Squared Design Lab.
- Mountains and Opening House by EASTERN D…esign Office
- Landscape intervention by Jonas Dahlberg… to honour Norwegian terrorist attack victims
- Centre for Promotion of Science by Wolfg…ang Tschapeller
- Bridge School at Pinghe by Li Xiaodong
- Triptyque's shiny metal restaurant hover…s over São Paulo shopping complex
- Traditional British beach huts get a mod…ern makeover from Pedder & Scampton
- Zaragoza Bridge Pavilion by Zaha Hadid
- RIBA President’s Medals Student Awards… 2009
- Artist Workshop by Carmody Groarke
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories