Here's an animation of the two memorial fountains at the World Trade Centre site in New York, which are due to open in three weeks time on the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Each waterfall will plunge 30 feet into a square basin then another 30 feet through a smaller hole in the middle, with the names of victims inscribed onto bronze plaques around the perimeter. The fountains are set in a paved plaza that's planted with 415 trees, all identical in size, beneath which a memorial museum is under construction.
The animation is by Los Angeles digital designers Squared Design Lab.
- Zayed National Museum by Foster + Partne…rs
- Architecture for atheists imagined in de…signs by graduate Kacper Chmielewski
- Serpentine Gallery Pavilion 2011 by Pete…r Zumthor photographed by Hufton + Crow
- House Riihi by OOPEAA shelters a courtya…rd from wintery gusts
- Shenzhen Crystal Island by OMA and Urban…us
- NDA Planter by no.555
- The World Design Capital Helsinki 2012 P…avilion by Aalto University Wood Studio students
- Woodland villa in Sweden designed by Max… Holst with a blackened exterior
- Alberta Ferretti Los Angeles by Sybarite
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories