Here's an animation of the two memorial fountains at the World Trade Centre site in New York, which are due to open in three weeks time on the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Each waterfall will plunge 30 feet into a square basin then another 30 feet through a smaller hole in the middle, with the names of victims inscribed onto bronze plaques around the perimeter. The fountains are set in a paved plaza that's planted with 415 trees, all identical in size, beneath which a memorial museum is under construction.
The animation is by Los Angeles digital designers Squared Design Lab.
- Ominous by Monica Förster
- Apprentice Store by Threefold Architects
- Fluted brick walls frame scalloped views… of the sky above Thai hotel by Onion
- Wooden slats create a sculptural ceiling… inside Katsutoshi Sasaki's Koro House
- CitizenM by Concrete
- House in Ise by Takashi Yamaguchi & Asso…ciates
- 747 Wing House by Studio of Environmenta…l Architecture
- The House with Balls by Matharoo Associa…tes
- Tigh Port na Long by Dualchas Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories