Here's an animation of the two memorial fountains at the World Trade Centre site in New York, which are due to open in three weeks time on the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Each waterfall will plunge 30 feet into a square basin then another 30 feet through a smaller hole in the middle, with the names of victims inscribed onto bronze plaques around the perimeter. The fountains are set in a paved plaza that's planted with 415 trees, all identical in size, beneath which a memorial museum is under construction.
The animation is by Los Angeles digital designers Squared Design Lab.
- Architecture of Change on Gestalten.tv
- Lascaux IV: Cave Painting Centre by Snø…hetta, Duncan Lewis and Casson Mann
- Architecture Atelier Akio Takatsuka divi…des Quad House into unequal sections
- House HV by Kombinat
- Guinée*Potin Architectes creates "footc…heball" playground inside a thatched shed
- Masdar Institute campus by Foster + Part…ners
- Housing for New Orleans by David Adjaye,… Morphosis, MVRDV, Shigeru Ban and others
- U-House by Jorge Graca Costa
- Beached House by BKK Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories