Here's an animation of the two memorial fountains at the World Trade Centre site in New York, which are due to open in three weeks time on the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Each waterfall will plunge 30 feet into a square basin then another 30 feet through a smaller hole in the middle, with the names of victims inscribed onto bronze plaques around the perimeter. The fountains are set in a paved plaza that's planted with 415 trees, all identical in size, beneath which a memorial museum is under construction.
The animation is by Los Angeles digital designers Squared Design Lab.
- Stacked Melbourne apartments designed by… B.E. Architecture to feel like separate houses
- Maison Leguay by Moussafir Architectes
- Perforated shutters fold back to reveal …apartments at Sucre 4444 by Esteban-Tannenbaum
- Vo Trong Nghia unveils second prototype …for low-cost Vietnamese housing
- House in Alibaug by WE Design Studio
- Symbiotic Villa by Zaha Hadid
- "An art college should be a blank canvas…" - Paul Williams on Central Saint Martins
- MM Apartment by Nakae Architects and Ohn…o Japan
- Mobile Police Station by Gesamtkonzept
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories