Here's an animation of the two memorial fountains at the World Trade Centre site in New York, which are due to open in three weeks time on the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Each waterfall will plunge 30 feet into a square basin then another 30 feet through a smaller hole in the middle, with the names of victims inscribed onto bronze plaques around the perimeter. The fountains are set in a paved plaza that's planted with 415 trees, all identical in size, beneath which a memorial museum is under construction.
The animation is by Los Angeles digital designers Squared Design Lab.
- High Voltage Laboratory by ACXT Archit…ects
- AA House by MVN Architects
- Hudson Yards masterplan by Steven Holl
- Richard Brine photographs the concrete… "pillboxes" left over from the war
- Oberkirch Media Centre by Wurm + Wurm
- Villa MM's timber-grille facade echoes… the proportions of surrounding trees
- Farmstead Next to the Chapel by bergme…isterwolf
- Tama Art University Library by Toyo It…o
- Pixy Hall by Moriyuki Ochiai Architect…s
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories