Dezeen Wire: following Steve Jobs' resignation as CEO of Apple yesterday, Jonathan Glancey summarises the company's influence on design for the Guardian, Cliff Kuang for Co.Design points to the hiring of British designer Jonathan Ive as Jobs' greatest moment and the Huffington Post poles readers on which Apple product best encapsulates "Jobs' design revolution."
Last week Dezeen featured Foster + Partners' design for the new Apple headquarters.
- Cross by Karim Rashid for Freedom of Cre…ation
- Paralympic design: 3D-printed seats for …wheelchair basketball
- Biodegradable fishing nets could prevent… sea mammal deaths
- Escapism by Daniel Widrig, Iris van Herp…en and .MGX by Materialise
- Technology and design: makingthe world a…round us
- Solar-powered cars could become standard… "within 30 years"
- Lucy McRae experiments with negative pre…ssure to "prep humans to go to space"
- The "first man-made biological leaf" cou…ld enable humans to colonise space
- Headpiece monitors sensory responses to …digital content for intuitive bookmarking
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories