Dezeen Wire: following Steve Jobs' resignation as CEO of Apple yesterday, Jonathan Glancey summarises the company's influence on design for the Guardian, Cliff Kuang for Co.Design points to the hiring of British designer Jonathan Ive as Jobs' greatest moment and the Huffington Post poles readers on which Apple product best encapsulates "Jobs' design revolution."
Last week Dezeen featured Foster + Partners' design for the new Apple headquarters.
- Why not "take a photo through gestures" …rather than pushing a button?
- Brain scanning could be used to design "…scientifically perfect" products
- Mycelium Chair by Eric Klarenbeek is 3D-…printed with living fungus
- 3D weaving can "reduce cost and improve …structural integrity" in architecture
- Lucy McRae to vacuum-pack exhibition vis…itors to "prep the body to go to space"
- Pangenerator creates troop of robotic ba…cking singers and dancers
- Synthetic creatures could "save nature" …says Alexandra Daisy Ginsberg
- Architect explains how he will 3D print …a "whole building in one go"
- Scribble's colour-matching pen can write… in millions of tones
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories