London Design Festival 2011: British designer Jasper Morrison will show his Lightwood Chair for Japanese company Maruni as part of Shoreditch Design Triangle during the London Design Festival next month.
The solid birch chair comes with a webbed, mesh or upholstered seat.
Morrison will also exhibit a collection of drinking glasses and a limited edition alarm clock for Swiss brand Punkt. to raise money for Japan's recovery following the natural disasters there earlier this year.
The London Design Festival will take place from 17 to 25 September.
Photographs are by Yoneo Kawabe/Maruni.
Here are some more details from Jasper Morrison:
Lightwood Chair, Punkt. for Japan and an exhibition of glasses
This year the Shop hosts the UK launch of Jasper Morrison’s Lightwood chair designed for Maruni Japan, ‘Still Time To Help’ a special limited edition alarm clock designed for Punkt. with all profits going to support the recovery in Japan, and an exhibition that explores three centuries of drinking glasses.
19 September - 25 September
Opening times: 11am - 6pm Mon to Fri
2pm to 6pm Sat & Sun
Late night opening on Tuesday the 20th until 8pm
Produced by: Maruni , Japan
Material: Birchwood with plastic mesh ( available in leather, textile, woven synthetic webbing)
- Mortaise by Yota Kakuda for Ligne Roset
- Grid Plank and Grid Table by Daphna Laur…ens
- Design studio Raw Edges "feels like part… of the Moroso family"
- Pulp by Jo Meesters
- Paper works by Simon Schubert
- Movie: Ross Lovegrove on his Solar Tree …at Clerkenwell Design Week
- Flooded London by Squint/Opera 2
- No Screw No Glue by Joost van Bleiswijk
- Identity Parade by Adam Nathaniel Furman
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories