Dezeen Platform: our micro-exhibition Dezeen Platform kicks off at Dezeen Space today, with architect/shoe designer Julian Hakes. Update: this interview is featured in Dezeen Book of Interviews, which is on sale now for £12.
Hakes presents Mojito, a shoe that has no sole and no upper but instead supports the foot on a continuous loop.
The shoes were first shown on Dezeen in 2009 when they were prototypes and due to the response to our story they’re now in production.
The Mojito shoe is also featured in the Dezeen Book of Ideas, which you can order online or buy in person at Dezeen Space.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space. See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- Force Lamp and Boy’s Lamp by Nika Zupa…nc
- Grid Plank and Grid Table by Daphna Laur…ens
- Toge by Emmanuelle Moureaux
- OKAY Studio at The Aram Gallery
- I Love Copyright by e-glue
- Jeonghwa Seo explores contrasts with Mat…erial Container Series
- All Lovely Stuff at The Temporium
- "It's not what you'd expect a particle a…ccelerator to look like" - Chris Hatherill of Super/Collider
- Table B by Konstantin Grcic for BD Barce…lona Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories