Dezeen Platform: our micro-exhibition Dezeen Platform kicks off at Dezeen Space today, with architect/shoe designer Julian Hakes. Update: this interview is featured in Dezeen Book of Interviews, which is on sale now for £12.
Hakes presents Mojito, a shoe that has no sole and no upper but instead supports the foot on a continuous loop.
The shoes were first shown on Dezeen in 2009 when they were prototypes and due to the response to our story they’re now in production.
The Mojito shoe is also featured in the Dezeen Book of Ideas, which you can order online or buy in person at Dezeen Space.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space. See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- Food is "the most important material in …the world" says Marije Vogelzang
- Selfish & Devoted by Deger Cengiz
- Avifauna by Maarten Kolk & Guus Kusters
- FredriksonStallard at David Gill Galleri…es
- Deafinite Style by Designaffairs Studio
- I Have a Lifestyle model-kit window inst…allation by Fabio Novembre for Tommy Hilfiger
- Katharina Gross adapts candle-making pro…cess to create wax tables
- Lou Moria uses vacuum forming to create …recyclable shoes in seconds
- Ikea launches "deliberately low key" col…lection by Ilse Crawford
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories