Dezeen Platform: our micro-exhibition Dezeen Platform kicks off at Dezeen Space today, with architect/shoe designer Julian Hakes. Update: this interview is featured in Dezeen Book of Interviews, which is on sale now for £12.
Hakes presents Mojito, a shoe that has no sole and no upper but instead supports the foot on a continuous loop.
The shoes were first shown on Dezeen in 2009 when they were prototypes and due to the response to our story they’re now in production.
The Mojito shoe is also featured in the Dezeen Book of Ideas, which you can order online or buy in person at Dezeen Space.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space. See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- UM Project designs multi-material mal…lets for Cooper Hewitt's museum shop
- Rock 7 by Hironori Tsukue
- R¿ng by Sruli Recht
- Essence by Luca Nichetto
- Pelle's stick-style lighting enables m…ultiple configurations
- Vík Prjónsdóttir launches latest wi…ng-shaped blankets made from Icelandic wool
- Lost in Translation by Studio Makkink …& Bey
- Impossible Wood by Doshi Levien for Mo…roso
- Foster + Partners designs simple disc-…shaped pendant lamp for Lumina
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories