Dezeen Platform: our micro-exhibition Dezeen Platform kicks off at Dezeen Space today, with architect/shoe designer Julian Hakes. Update: this interview is featured in Dezeen Book of Interviews, which is on sale now for £12.
Hakes presents Mojito, a shoe that has no sole and no upper but instead supports the foot on a continuous loop.
The shoes were first shown on Dezeen in 2009 when they were prototypes and due to the response to our story they’re now in production.
The Mojito shoe is also featured in the Dezeen Book of Ideas, which you can order online or buy in person at Dezeen Space.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space. See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- Doshi Levien's furniture for Moroso "cha…llenges people's perceptions"
- Scoop chair by KiBiSi for Globe Zero 4
- Curious Vase by Mianne de Vries
- Form 3 by fuseproject for Jimmyjane
- Cut Glasses by John Harrington at design…ersblock
- The School of Life by Susanna Edwards
- JamesPlumb repurposes antique Burnished …Indigo fabric for lampshades and sofa upholstery
- Sit lamp by Fiona Thomson
- Talent 2008 at Designhuis
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories