Dezeen Platform: our micro-exhibition Dezeen Platform kicks off at Dezeen Space today, with architect/shoe designer Julian Hakes. Update: this interview is featured in Dezeen Book of Interviews, which is on sale now for £12.
Hakes presents Mojito, a shoe that has no sole and no upper but instead supports the foot on a continuous loop.
The shoes were first shown on Dezeen in 2009 when they were prototypes and due to the response to our story they’re now in production.
The Mojito shoe is also featured in the Dezeen Book of Ideas, which you can order online or buy in person at Dezeen Space.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space. See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- World Basics pop-up store by Schemata Ar…chitects
- Re-Imagined Chair by Studiomama for the …Stepney Green Design Collection
- Digital Explorers: Discovery at Metropol…itan Works
- Posa by David Chipperfield
- Up by TAF for Muuto
- Rugs in Plaça de la Virreina by Nanimar…quina
- De La Espada launches new collection wit…h a chair by Luca Nichetto
- Hospital door handle sanitises users' ha…nds and measures cleanliness of staff
- Marcel Wanders for Villa Moda in Bahrain
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories