The Munich-based industrial designer's chairs were published on Dezeen in August.
Schmid folds the Concrete Canvas and stitches the edges together with brightly coloured thread, then supports it on a wooden mould while it’s drenched in water and allowed to harden.
The stools can be used indoors or outdoors. The material is durable against UV, fireproofed and water resistant.
Schmid developed the project while studying at the Hochschule München in Germany.
For more information about the design, testing and construction process see our published story about Florian's chairs.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space. See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here.
There's more about Dezeen Space here.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- Trees for Lycée Germaine Tillon by Mata…li Crasset
- UFO over Gdansk by Peter Coffin and Cini…mod Studio
- Artikcar by Ben Wilson
- Movie: Tom Dixon at Design Miami
- Sling chair by Note Design Studio is siz…ed for compact spaces
- Virgola by Giulio Manzoni for Campeggi
- Antenna Lights by Adrien Rovero
- Scaffolding Brut by Beta Tank
- Grand cabinets by Mathieu Gustafsson and… Niklas Karlsson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories