The Munich-based industrial designer's chairs were published on Dezeen in August.
Schmid folds the Concrete Canvas and stitches the edges together with brightly coloured thread, then supports it on a wooden mould while it’s drenched in water and allowed to harden.
The stools can be used indoors or outdoors. The material is durable against UV, fireproofed and water resistant.
Schmid developed the project while studying at the Hochschule München in Germany.
For more information about the design, testing and construction process see our published story about Florian's chairs.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space. See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here.
There's more about Dezeen Space here.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- Second Nature by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Design Indaba videos: Haldane Martin
- Chair-4a by Michael Young
- Riya office chair by PearsonLloyd for Be…ne
- New Mexico spaceport by Foster
- I.V. Plant Pot by Vitamin
- Musical Chairs by Bobby Petersen
- (In)visible Membrane by Sonja Bäumel
- TOR by Lambie & Van Hengel for Montis
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories