Dezeen Platform: Glasgow designer Fraser Ross presents his plant-like LED lamps, trapped under bell jars, which react to the sound and movement of onlookers at Dezeen Platform today. Watch a movie about this project here.
The lamps turn on, twitch and uncurl when users touch the glass or blow on the sensors.
Each lamp is hand-crafted from LED lights and wires, encased in individual glass bell jars with wooden bases.
Ross also shows a new version that recoils when viewers tap on the glass of its display cabinet.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space. See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- Selfish & Devoted by Deger Cengiz
- Binary Prints by Alex Trochut
- Blow lamps by Theo Möller inflate like …balloons
- Seracs sofa by Alfredo Häberli
- Izabela Bołoz's Intersections modules i…nterlock to form street furniture
- Nissan Cube by Nissan
- Molteni&C Sofa Chats: Ilse Crawford
- Studio Glithero at Craft Punk
- Hanna Yoon's Experience Journal helps yo…u record your favourite places
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories