Dezeen Platform: Glasgow designer Fraser Ross presents his plant-like LED lamps, trapped under bell jars, which react to the sound and movement of onlookers at Dezeen Platform today. Watch a movie about this project here.
The lamps turn on, twitch and uncurl when users touch the glass or blow on the sensors.
Each lamp is hand-crafted from LED lights and wires, encased in individual glass bell jars with wooden bases.
Ross also shows a new version that recoils when viewers tap on the glass of its display cabinet.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space. See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- Patchwork Glass Vases by Nendo
- Inaugural collection by Petite Friture
- Nokia E-Cu by Patrick Hyland
- Watches by David Ericsson for VOID launc…h at Dezeen Watch Store
- Candela installation creates luminous pa…tterns as it spins inside dark V&A gallery
- iD Cutlery by Ineke Hans
- Dezeen's London Design Festival audio gu…ide
- Binbags by Studio Toogood at The Tempori…um
- Louise Bennetts constructs fashion colle…ction from cork and horsehair
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories